Anyone Had Success At Cascading a DPP44 with a DP34?

tvrocker2k5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I have five receivers total (3-7200's, 1-942, & 1-2800). I have a DPP Twin LNB for the Dish 500 and a DP Dual LNB for the Dish 300(61.5°). I have the 942 connected to port 1 and I have the power inserter on this port as well. I have three of the other legacy receivers connected to ports 2-4 and I have a cascaded DP34 on the output of the DPP44. I have the other legacy receiver connected to port 1 of the DP34 with a legacy adapter connected to this receiver as well. The receivers that are connected to the DPP44 work great. However, on the legacy receiver that is connected to the DP34, it only sees the 119-even transponders and it says it can't find a switch box.

I had read on here before that I thought that you could cascade a DPP44 with a DP34 as long as you have a legacy adapter for it. Is this an incorrect assumption??? Has anyone else tried doing this and had any success at it?

I only have a legacy adapter on the receiver that is connected to the DP34. I wonder if maybe I could put the 942 on the DP34 and then put my other 4 legacy adapters on the the DPP44? Would I connect the DP34 to the LNB's first and then have the DPP44 on the output of the Dp34 or would I connect the DPP44 first to the LNB's????

Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!!

Don't know why is not working but a DPP Twin must have at least one DP receiver connected. As for your problem all I can think of is the cables connecting the DPP44 and the DP34.

Are they rated to at least 2250 Mhz?

Edit: "Don't know why is not working but a DPP44 must have at least one DP receiver connected. So putting all 4 legacy receivers on the DPP44 won't work."

Since I can't find the thread to back it up, I'm going to edit this post. A DPP Twin must have a DP receiver connected.

RandallA said:
Don't know why is not working but a DPP44 must have at least one DP receiver connected. So putting all 4 legacy receivers on the DPP44 won't work. As for your problem all I can think of is the cables connecting the DPP44 and the DP34.

Are they rated to at least 2250 Mhz?

Yes...in fact they are all RG6 cables that are only about 8" long.

Before you spend too much more money on this problem, why not retire the 2800 and replace it with a used 111/301/311?

You could probably sell the Legacy adapter to someone and break even overall.

Your Problem is that your 3 - 7200's and your 2800 ARE NOT DISHPRO COMPATIBLE But they will work with your Dishpro Plus 44 switch as long as you have the 942 connected to it. They will not see the DP34 switch because it is not compatible with legacy receivers. The cheapest and easiest solution is to replace your 2800 with a used 301.

rowemance said:
Your Problem is that your 3 - 7200's and your 2800 ARE NOT DISHPRO COMPATIBLE But they will work with your Dishpro Plus 44 switch as long as you have the 942 connected to it. They will not see the DP34 switch because it is not compatible with legacy receivers. The cheapest and easiest solution is to replace your 2800 with a used 301.

I realize that the 7200's and 2800 are not Dishpro compatible, but I am using a Dishpro legacy adapter that is supposed to correct this problem with using a DP34 and a legacy adapter...correct????? This is what has me stumped!

I have never heard of any one using a DPP 44 and a DP 34 switches together they may not be compatible because one is a Dishpro and the other is Dishpro Plus.

DPP44 can be cascaded to DP34's and is supported by dishnetwork. When you cascade to the next switch you must make sure that ports 1 and 1 are linked as are 2 and 2 and so forth. If you have done this then your next step is to swap the 2800 over to the dpp44 and see if this issue persists on another legacy reciever, if it does then you may have a bad switch or a faulty connection or coax or even a bad adapter.

rowemance said:
I have never heard of any one using a DPP 44 and a DP 34 switches together they may not be compatible because one is a Dishpro and the other is Dishpro Plus.
I can attest to the fact that it works just fine, so that is not the issue here

Rock,

Per your post at dbstalk http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=46002
and my response there. I did run into a small issue when I put my DPP44 first then cascaded to the DP34 but a check switch cleared it up.

Try not hooking the DPP44 up or the 942 and just the legacy receivers with legacy adapters to the 34, see what happens.

I don't see any problems with a legacy receiver and a DishPro receiver on a DPP44 together (as long as a legacy adapter is not used) like ROWE.. said.

From what I can see it seems the setup is correct. Like I said, time to start isolating stuff. Just try one switch at a time, add receivers to that switch until you have a problem.

Have you checked this stuff?
http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/support.html

There is a good selection of DPP install stuff there. Each PDF says that DP34's can be trunked on to DPP44's without a problem.

Do this, straight from the Satellite tech himself...

44 Switch Config.

Directly from Dish to 44 switch Do not use seperators, you must have 3 lines from the dishes directly to the 44 switch
Port 1 119 or 110
Port 2 119 or 110
Port 3 61.5 : Donot run this into port 3 of the DPP LNB because the 44 switch disables it and will cause massive conflict so it must be direct connect to 44 switch

Cascade the 34 switch off the 44 switch connecting exact ports to exact ports

Connect the 942 to Receiver out port 1 on the 44 switch with the power inserter still on the line (Must be port 1 of the 44 switch) if you are using a diplexer here it could throw things off if its not made to hold the high-current capacity to supply power to the 44 switch(Try removing the diplexer for now untill you get everything up and running if your using one but please note im not talking about a seperater) . I use the Eagle Aspen D-2100LX at (Sat)950-2250/(TV)40-860mhz

2800 Should be on port 2 : Do not use the DishPro adapter

2700 should be on port 3 and 4 in no order of course and do not use your DP Adapter's

34 Switch Config: Be sure when cascading the 34 switch to the 44 switch connect ports 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and 3 to 3 or else you dont wanna know what will happen :)

Finally the last 2700 goes to port 1 of the 34 switch and please, you must use your DP Adapter here.

Don't forget FSS satelittes like 105 and 121 will not be seen on the 2700's, figured Id add that useless piece of info in here too for others refference :)

Sorry I cunt spell :)

Tekken said:
34 Switch Config: Be sure when cascading the 34 switch to the 44 switch connect ports 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and 3 to 3 or else you dont wanna know what will happen :)

Finally the last 2700 goes to port 1 of the 34 switch and please, you must use your DP Adapter here.
Thanks everyone for all your assistance in this problem.

Is the DPP44 that picky as to which kind of legacy receiver is connected to which port????

From what I read on it, I don't think it matters, just not port 1 from everything I have read.

check
http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/dpplus/DISH_Pro_Plus_44_Switch_A.pdf

There is a line on there that states to check the install guide for certain configs when legacy receivers are used. I don't have a manual infront of me, but I think it only has to do with what satellites the receivers can see, nothing to do with how they hook into the switch.

tvrocker2k5 said:
Thanks everyone for all your assistance in this problem.

Is the DPP44 that picky as to which kind of legacy receiver is connected to which port????

Just a standard I use since 2700's can only use 3 satellites off the 44 switch when a 2800 can see all 4 so I set the 2800 in a primary order because I don't see the point in someone connecting a 2700 receiver to a 4 satellite switch when it will only be available to see 3 satellites. I like to use standards to make things easier in the event of an additional satellite upgrade so the tech can explain to the customer why these old receivers don't see the 4th satellite because they don't support it and then the customer asking if thats the case then why can't the 2800 see it ethier because its connected to the 34 switch ;)

Does anyone know what the output voltage of the DishPro legacy adapter is?
I want to plug it in to the wall without the LNB's attached and just a legacy receiver attached. I want to verify that the adapter is good. I bought it used!!!!

Oh yea, duh I forgot... you need a DP Twin not a DPP Twin

You know you can't use a DP34 switch with a DPP Twin LNB

Good find there Randall, That might be a starting point. I didn't even notice he said DPP Twin on his 500.

ROFL!!!! Ha, DBSTALK deleted my post about me finishing this discussion on satelliteguys.us site.

DishPro Plus 44 Switch Review

Pentagon Channel...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)