Anyone Have A 622 Yet???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
I called the CSR last week and it was confirmed that as a lease customer of a 942 I could get a 622 now if I buy it but if I wait until April I can lease one for $99
($299 and $200 rebate) Guess I'll wait.

BUT I AM CURIOUS.....Does anyone have a working 622 yet and what additional channels in Hd can you get? What is the quality like? Any problems with the install? Would appreciate hearing from you. I will post when I get mine.

Thanks.

Mine's here! On the phone now to see if I can bump up the install date from the 21st. Would love to have it before the weekend. (Daytona 500)

Woohoo! Mine is waiting on me to get home! I was originally told that the installer will be bringing it with them, but this is a very nice surprise.

I feel a cough coming on as well... :devil:

What kind of sweet talking got your install date moved up? I will have to try that as well!

Anthony

Didn't have to beg at all. Just called and informed them that I have the receiver and politely asked if there was a possibility of moving up the install date. He checked with "dispatch" and gave me two time slots for tomorrow. I have to say that I was pleased on how it worked out thusfar. Can't wait until tomorrow.

BTW, I'm a new install/new sub. There has been some speculation whether the 622 would come with the installer or shipped directly to the sub, so I thought I'd clarify my situation.

Last edited:
Back when I placed my order I was told that it would be brought to the house by the installer. Since then I've been reluctant to call because I was afraid of jinxing my 2/21 install date. But with others saying that they are receiving the units prior to install I called today. The rep told me that if Dish is installing it will be brought. If it is another company that Dish contracts with it's shipped to the residence first. Does this jive with anyone else's experience?

I was told back on February 1st that I would receive the unit shipped to my home in 7-10 business days. Wells it been just that and no 622 yet. I've got an install date of of 2/28. I was lucky, oh so lucky, to receive an empty box yesterday to return my defunct 510. I've contacted Dish and they weren't of any help other then to tell me a box is coming. Now that could of been the empty box. Don't know. Oh and they also told me that I could get all my HD programming from a Dish 500. Whats worse is that when I told the CSR I didn't think that was right, she double checked and came back with the same info. Needless to say when I checked to see if anything had shipped I talked to someone in Tech support and they put me down for a Dish 1000. Slowly all the pieces are falling into place. Time for "s" to hit the fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)