Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am kind of PO'ed at Sling. My Slingbox Pro's (I have 5 of them) no longer work with the iPad. The only Slingboxes that work now are the Slingbox Pro HD and the Slingbox Solo.

I am now looking at the Vulkano as I am not looking to give Sling more money.

Does anyone have a Vulkano that they are willing to let me log into and kick the tires from my iPad?

I only want to test it for like 15 minutes tops. If you have one I can test out quickly please PM me. After I am done testing I will PM you back to change your password to secure your box back up again.

Thanks. :D

Ohh, cool. Just saw the Vulkano Flow on Engadget. I want to hear how this thing does on an internal network. How good does 720x480 look with this thing?

I don't have a Vulkano myself but I played around with someone else's.

If you were satisfied with the Slingbox, I think you'll be very happy with the Vulkano :)

Well my opinion on the Vulkano is not good. Yes it streams well inside your house, but looks terrible outside the house. But other then that its JUNK.

I purchased the Vulkano with the 500 GB External Drive so it acts like a DVR. I have not been able to watch one of the recordings that it has made. Everytime I click on transfer on the recordings I always get a network error message. The DVR portion has been useless and a waste of money.

The learning remote feature sucks too. It said it learned my FTA receivers remote but couldnt actually ever control it. You could only program buttons that it had in its template, you couldn't add buttons that were not on the template. (Such as the Sat Button which brings up the Satellite Selection screen.) If its learning it should learn all the buttons I want to use from the remote, and not just the buttons from its basic remote template.

The Slingboxes look better both in house and out of the house. The Vulkano looks great in the house but not so good outside the house. It wont let me watch it via 3G when I can watch via 3G on my Slingbox. And they also blocked viewing of the older HAVA units with the last software update.

All the problems are software problems and as an origional Hava owner I am very disapointed that their player software has not gotten better at all over the past 3 to 4 years. The hardware is good its thesoftware that makes the Vulkano blow.

I am shipping the Vulkano back and will be ordering the now $99 unit which is just a streamer although maybe I should just order another Slingbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts