Anyone have Mlb 2k6 Yet For Xbox360?

I am interested in hearing any input as well. I was a big EA Sports MVP Baseball fan and reluctantly looking forward to MLB 2k6...

I got it earlier today. Gameplay's pretty good so far.

My only problem has been a couple of instances in which the game freezes and crashes the whole system.

There's a lot of people complaining about it on the 2K, IGN and GameSpot forums... and it appears that it has nothing to do with the console's hardware, but instead, a bug on the game's code. Extra-officially, 2K has acknowledged the problem and has promised a patch/workaround by the end of the week, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The H said:
I got it earlier today. Gameplay's pretty good so far.

My only problem has been a couple of instances in which the game freezes and crashes the whole system.

There's a lot of people complaining about it on the 2K, IGN and GameSpot forums... and it appears that it has nothing to do with the console's hardware, but instead, a bug on the game's code. Extra-officially, 2K has acknowledged the problem and has promised a patch/workaround by the end of the week, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
so it seems this game may have a lot in common with nhl 2k6, a great game but full of bugs
Come on EA show us something, competition may do 2k series some good, they will have to make a better product instaed of rushing it out the door

wow, whats this world coming too, dont get me wrong i like the 2k series but after you take in to effect the various flaws 2k games have ie nhl 2k6, ther game they sell for 60 usd is really only worth 15usd after all the headsaches and such forth.
If they are exclusive mlb thats sad
i like the games but they should focus more on programming there is no need for the same flaw over and over again
nhl series has had same flaws since day 1, 2k cranks out the games but obviously isnt listening to what their customers are saying otherwise there would be little to no bugs in the game

the nhl flaws have been there since day 1 yet they chose todo nothing about it

2k make a game that wont f**king freeze aftert 45 minutes of gameplay or quit making games at all
DO IT RIGHT OR DO NOTHING AT ALL

Got it, and I'm really pissed off now...

It will only let me play a whole game without freezing if I remove the hard drive. With the drive, it freezes randomly between 1st and 4th innings, never got past that. Did it in xbox live too.

They claim to know of the problem and be working on it:
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=691251

Other upsetting stuff:
Defense is lame - throw out at first from deep right field?
Baserunning is terrible controls

I want my MVP back.

for all with the freezing problem, are you using hdd or mc?
i had freezing on nhl 2k6 when i used hdd i then switched to mc and since the freezing problem in nhl 2k6 has been minimal

ordered mlb 2k6 through walmart should be here any day
im gonna use mc only

i am glad i did not rush out and buy this like i usually do with games. now i can wait for the fix and get it on sale. my guess is it will be on sale soon or reduced in price due to negative word of mouth.

Ive heard many a horror stories regarding 2k sports and the freezing for this reason my mlb 2k6 xbox360 copy will remain like Laura Palmer(Twin Peaks character) Wrapped in Plastic when it arrives
I'm gonna rent the xbox version at gamefly and play that instead
offline only

damn you 2k sports, ur obviously in cahoots with charlene ergen:)
fix the freeze please
anybody else experience the 360 freeze well playing 2k sports games
it used to happen to me all the time on the hdd with nhl 2k6 so i switch to MC and freeze still happens just not nearly as frequent
Ive just expeience my last freeze with nhl 2k6 back xbox version for me

going back to xbox version until freezes get figured out
seems to me the problem with 2k sports is a software issue poor coding, sound familiar Dish!!!!

Dont get me wrong I really like the 2k series when you take out the exploits and the freeze issue
just sick and tired of spending money on junk, i might as well buy crack-cocaine

Last edited:
Once i took the hdd out it works fine, so i think tomorrow im going to go and get a mc. I hope they arnt expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts