Anyone have pictures of the Superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Other than the mockups shown at Dish network Team Summit 2003 and the one Dish has shown on the Charlie Chats and tech talks, I am not aware of any pictures.

The ones from the Team Summit are located here:
http://www.dishretailer.com/ts2003/
Beware: several of these appear to be engineering mockups and will not necessarily reflect the final design.

Indeed. I shouldn't have stopped to do a Google search for additional pictures.....

The best pictures would be those showed on the last Charlie Chat. If someone was able to take the picture from the chat and put it on the internet then others would be able to see what it is going to look like. It looked like a smaller Primestar dish with a twin lnbf and a single slot lnbf beside it.

thanks - great pics. Doesn't look too bad - kinda like the primestar dish. guess I will be ordering mine as soon as the offer is available - hopefully the 921 will be out so I am not ordering the HD package for nothing

Get the promotion that gives you a free SuperDish and free installation when you sign up for one year of the HD package. That would be much cheaper than paying for the SuperDish ($199) and installation ($99). They are going to require professional installation and not going to let customers to install it themselves.

Re: The pictures from the Charlie Chat. Is that a SuperDish for the 105 satellite? Has it been announced for sure which SuperDish will be needed for the new HD stuff?

cicijay said:
Re: The pictures from the Charlie Chat. Is that a SuperDish for the 105 satellite? Has it been announced for sure which SuperDish will be needed for the new HD stuff?

It is believed to be the SuperDish 105. Yes, Dish has stated several times that HD will go on 105.

Recent postings I have seen elsewhere from Hotsenpiller suggest Dish may already be firing up HD channels on 105 as well as some locals (Missoula MT, Boise ID, Richmond VA, Green Bay WI all confirmed... Wichita KS, Milwaukee WI, South Bend IN, Albany/Schenectady NY reported to have started uplinking today... None available for locals yet.)

Expect stuff to show up on Tony's excellent Dish Channel Chart tonight:
http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

I expect we know the cities where the first shipments of SuperDish are going now.... :rolleyes:

fv3 said:
cicijay said:

It is believed to be the SuperDish 105. Yes, Dish has stated several times that HD will go on 105.

Recent postings I have seen elsewhere from Hotsenpiller suggest Dish may already be firing up HD channels on 105 as well as some locals (Missoula MT, Boise ID, Richmond VA, Green Bay WI all confirmed... Wichita KS, Milwaukee WI, South Bend IN, Albany/Schenectady NY reported to have started uplinking today... None available for locals yet.)

Expect stuff to show up on Tony's excellent Dish Channel Chart tonight:
http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

I expect we know the cities where the first shipments of SuperDish are going now.... :rolleyes:

Does this mean South Bend, IN will be up and running soon? :D

jssat said:
Does this mean South Bend, IN will be up and running soon? :D

Not necessarily, but it is certainly possible. "Soon" would be defined as "at the time the SuperDish 105 becomes available", thought to be 1 November.

Then again, Dish may just be testing right now, and the real date the South Bend locals actually become available may be much later.

Tony's Dish Channel Chart http://www.dishchannelchart.com/ WAS updated last night and shows both Showtime HD (9460) and HD Events (9466) added to 105. These are IN ADDITION to HBO HD (9456) and HD PPV (9467) which I had not noticed were already there.

FYI: Showtime HD and HD Events on transponder 16, the older two on 17.

P.S. If you aren't checking Tony's Chart at least once a week, you are missing out on a lot of good info.

Stargazer said:
Are some of those channels at 105 able to be seen on a FTA receiver?

As far as I know, everything uplinked to AMC-2 is encrypted, except the Program Guide....

Ok, a total newbie question. What does 105 mean? I know it's the location of the satellite, but does that mean it would be east-south-east, with 90 meaning east?

`105' West Longitude. This is a coordinate relative to the Greenwich meridian. It's location in the sky from your position is more complex to calculate. It's not solely a matter of magnetic bearing from your location.

Go here:

http://www.ses-americom.com/tools/lookangle/index.html

Put in your own location data. Satellite is AMC-2. Unable to check right now if it has been updated properly. If AMC-2 does not show 105, can manually enter "105"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts