Anyone have success with early termination?

Dogcliff

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Anchorage, AK
Sent to ceo email today:

I have just returned from overseas, and between my departure and return, Spring has sprung. I am now unable to get a stable signal on any transponder except the spot beam which carries my local channels. Apparently, the trees between the selected installation point (the only location that would 'work', according to the installer) and the horizon have rendered this installation all but worthless. At this time, I am paying for a service that is totally unsatisfactory. I am not willing to 'loose' the tree(s).

The issues listed below were never rectified. I ask again for early termination of my contract without penalty (you can have the receivers back). Please contact me ASAP concerning this problem.

The issues not resolved included poor picture quality (micropixillation and a 'slow ghosting' on many channels.

Do I have any chance of success in getting them to let me cancel early?

DC

call them on the phone and see if you are under contract. i was suppose to be under a year contract when i got my 811 for 150. i called them up six months into that year to get my date that the commitment ended and they told me i was under no contract. i should still be with them if it wasn't for their mistake.

So ...time has passed... Got a call yesterday to arrange a free reinstallation of my Dish. This was followed by another call one hour later rescinding that offer (Dish has no Techs in Alaska), but offered to allow me to 'buy out' the remainder of my contract @ 20/mo. Not a good deal to be paying for service I cannot receive. Additionally, My initial install was done by a local retailer, with whom I apparently have a separate one year contract/commitment. I'll have to start working them tomorrow (after the holiday).

I really feel that I shouldn't be held to a contract to receive services that I cannot receive.

Grrrrr.

DC

Dishdude said:
you should give them a chance to relocate the dish and/or repair the problem causing your signal loss.

No, they called him back. They don't have an RSP in Alaska.

Happy Endings

Happy endings...My retailer sent out a tech to realign the Dish; a bit improved, but still unacceptable. He agreed. Local retailer 'The Sat Guy', agreed to release me from their part of the contract. Dish just replied to my email; they are not only letting me out of the contract due to NLOS (no line of site), but are crediting me back to early May when the problems began.

Great CSR, good overall experience. Local Cable provider is even giving me 20,000 FF Miles on Alaska Air for comming back! That's a free ticket ! Digital cable (and back to HD), here I come!

Sadly though...Signing off.

Thanks for being here, all y'all.

dc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)