Anyone have the LG 390?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Thinking of picking this guy up on Friday. Seems to have a good Cnet review, and I like the idea of Netflix, Youtube and Vudu on the same box.

Hopefully it is also faster than my BD35.

Um, not sure. Its normally 249-299 so I doubt it. Th 370 is $149, so maybe that the ONE. 370 does not have all those features though.

I thought the only difference was wired vs. wireless and analog outs. I don't carry them so not as familiar.

S~

OK. The only streaming difference according to LG website is the 390 offers VUDU in addition to Netflix, Cinema Now, and Youtube offered on the 370.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Vudu is important to me, so the 390 is a must.

Its funny, Vudu gave the streaming boxes and tv's better service that its box, for now. The streaming HDX flicks get DD+, while the Vudu box does not.

Isn't the lack of DD+ on the vudu boxes due to a hardware limitation of the HDMI port not being 1.3 or something?

I think so, but they are "working" on something for the boxes. I liked Vudu, and the HDX was not too bad. But the audio did need a little work.

I actually got a vudu box for $50 a couple months ago even though I knew the audio was not up to snuff, but it's still good.

I have the "brazil" interface on mine now, so I can stream HDX movies instead of waiting. It works well on my 12meg connection.

We use it sparingly, but for $50 it was worth a try. I do like the conveyance of it. I like how vudu is expanding quite a bit.

I looked briefly over at the vudu forums. If one were to buy a movie and only have the 390 or similar setup, do they always have to stream the movie from the vault?

Bah, I just can't see the point of upgrading to the current models. While they offer web features, still doesn't justify trading in the BD-35. I think I'm gonna watch to see what the new models bring, as well as the Denon models like the 2010CI. See what CES brings, maybe have a March Bday present.

My BD35 is starting to act up by hanging on unmarked discs and some pixellation issues (fixed by removing disc and reinserting), so I may be forced to buy at some point.

I'd pass on the 2010. Been experiencing random freezing problems similar to the 60/80 as have other users. New players going to be announced will be fast loading and the ability to burn a backup (for a price).

S~

Thanks. I'll just watch the 2010 models then (if the BD35 lasts).

My main concerns now are SPEED and PQ. AQ is not as big, since I pass it on to the 1909. Looks like March/Apr for my Bday, but whatever I get, I need to get before Gregg comes.

Really seems like the 2009 BR players took a hit on quality.

Thanks. I'll just watch the 2010 models then (if the BD35 lasts).

My main concerns now are SPEED and PQ. AQ is not as big, since I pass it on to the 1909. Looks like March/Apr for my Bday, but whatever I get, I need to get before Gregg comes.

Really seems like the 2009 BR players took a hit on quality.

Yeah, unfortunately with the price reductions the manufacturers reduced build quality, decent upscaling, etc. They added Netflix and YouTube, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)