Anyone have their 721 replaced yet this week?

GRG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
With the Tivo injunction this week, I was wondering what receiver anyone has gotten along with DVR fee answers with a DHPP 721 swap-out?

One of my 2-721's HDD is making bad sounds. I have AEP, but I am still hoping a replacement that would be DVR fee grandfathered. Was also hoping for a 622 instead of a 522. Any swap out results yet?

With the Tivo injunction this week, I was wondering what receiver anyone has gotten along with DVR fee answers with a DHPP 721 swap-out?

One of my 2-721's HDD is making bad sounds. I have AEP, but I am still hoping a replacement that would be DVR fee grandfathered. Was also hoping for a 622 instead of a 522. Any swap out results yet?

Dish will not swap a 622 for a 721 without you paying the upgrade fee. Perhaps you meant a 625.

I own two 721's that are going strong. It sure is nice not having a DVR fee. I too wonder if the replacement box will be grandfathered in, although I doubt that it will. Otherwise, I'd never have a fee...

Dish will not swap a 622 for a 721 without you paying the upgrade fee. Perhaps you meant a 625.

I am aware the prescribed replacement unit is a 522 for a 721, however I already have 2-622's that I own as well as my 2-721's, so I am hoping for a clean sweep of all 622's eventually. The least they could do is mitigate the possible loss of 721 DVR grandfather status with a better MPEG4 unit (622).

I am aware the prescribed replacement unit is a 522 for a 721, however I already have 2-622's that I own as well as my 2-721's, so I am hoping for a clean sweep of all 622's eventually. The least they could do is mitigate the possible loss of 721 DVR grandfather status with a better MPEG4 unit (622).

:haha X's 100!!

Oh, that's rich. Seriously...I doubt that will happen

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)