Anyone having audio problems on KCPQ FOX Seattle?

horseflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
I am noticing frequent audio droputs on my Fox station. I don't think it is my equipment, because the dropouts happen during commercials and during programming just before they cut to commercial. It's very consistent that way.

I have also noticed the audio drops during SD programs. For example, this week's Sarah Connor was broadcast in SD for one segment and during it, there were many dropouts. When it came back in HD after a break, it was fine.

If it was ONLY commercials it wouldn't be so bad since I skip them anyway, but since it starts a few seconds before and after the commercials, it is starting to get irritating.

Same Problem with FOX Detroit

I've been having the same problem with Fox. I also watch the Terminator series and noticed "The Exact Same Drops" in this week’s show that you described. I recently had my Dish repositioned when I lost ALL of my HD channels because of trees blocking the HD satellite, but I was having the sound drop problem beforehand. The tech that came out and moved my pole mount, said I was having this issue because of a weak signal to the satellite because of the trees. I didn't really buy that answer since FOX is the only HD station that I have problems with.

I've had issues with the FOX broadcast even before I upgraded to HD in 2008 Last year, I lost all stereo sound on the SD broadcast, but only for the FOX broadcast.

I have dropouts when going from / to commercials because of my equipment.
When sound is switched from / to Dolby Digital to plain stereo for example, it takes my Onkyo TX-SR875 a second to switch.

I'm usually not bothered by this, and I didn't notice any dropouts during the Sarah Connor program on my local station in eastern Iowa: KFXA (SD only at the moment:( ).

I have noticed audio problems with KFXA lately though, I'm no audiophile, but it the sound seems distorted to me, I think the sound may be "clipping".
All other channels seem fine, it's just the Fox channel that's problematic.

FOLLOW UP

I've been having the same problem with Fox. I also watch the Terminator series and noticed "The Exact Same Drops" in this week’s show that you described. I recently had my Dish repositioned when I lost ALL of my HD channels because of trees blocking the HD satellite, but I was having the sound drop problem beforehand. The tech that came out and moved my pole mount, said I was having this issue because of a weak signal to the satellite because of the trees. I didn't really buy that answer since FOX is the only HD station that I have problems with.

I've had issues with the FOX broadcast even before I upgraded to HD in 2008 Last year, I lost all stereo sound on the SD broadcast, but only for the FOX broadcast.

Here's a follow up: I discovered last night that my drop outs appear to only happen when I play back a program - not during the live broadcast. 99% of the time I watch the programs hours, sometimes days after the broadcast. Last night I was watching King Of The Hill during the live broadcast. I wanted to replay a scene and rewound the show back 60 seconds. As soon as I started wathing the remainder of the show from the hard drive, the sound drop outs began. I switched back to live-tv and the drop outs stopped. Anyone else able to duplicate this?

I've got the same problem here. I only notice the dropouts during playback of a recorded event. I've got a 622... Perhaps its replacement time??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts