Anyone here excited for 'Mass Effect'?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
I don't know about you folks, but I'm seriously jonesing for this title.

I've been wanting a great evolution of the RPG that incorporated FPS-style combat (if only for the action/interactivity--i.e. visceral connection to your onscreen counterpart) and has a truly interactive dialogue/storytelling system. The fact that your character's choices really seem to affect the storyline's arc is also exciting--these kinds of new ways of developing dramatic tales (ala 'Choose your own Adventure' to the 10th power) are finally fulfilling the promise of early 90s CD-Rom gameplay. True next-gen concepts in both storytelling techniques AND graphics is what we should be seeing much more of, imho. Enough run-and-gun, already!

Doesn't hurt that its not dumbed-down sci-fi either.

Now, let's see if we can move this technology to other genre (i.e. film noir, etc.) and then we're witnessing a true evolution in "gaming."

Attachments

• mass-effect-20070917074122742.jpg
    mass-effect-20070917074122742.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 171
  • mass-effect-20070910021755140.jpg
    mass-effect-20070910021755140.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 179
I agree.

The character customization looks very cool...and the in-game cinematics use the 'virtual you' you've created to great effect. The Commander Shepherd in the Mass Effect literature is just a "placeholder" as it were. That's the next-gen custom cinema experience I've been waiting to see...

Xbox Magazine gives 'Mass Effect' a perfect 10. Calls it not just the best Xbox game of the year...but best Xbox game EVER.

G4 gives it a 5-star rating.

Earned a 'Game of the Month' from EGM, earning a 9/9.5/9 from its editor/reviewer panel.

I won't be able to get the game when it releases this upcoming Tuesday...but darn tootin' I'll be firing it up on Black Friday, baby!!

Anyone who gets their hands on it around here--let us know what you think, please!

If I go to Best Buy, how can I tell which systems have the new Falcon chip?

Timeshift or Half-Life 2 Orange Box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts