Anyone here watching Tech TV on FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

signaltracker

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
I love this channel and would like to be able to watch it. I was wondering the cheapest way to decode the audio AC3. If anyone watching it could post how thety are doing it I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

joe

I have a PowerVu D9223 receiver (pro grade) that I borrowed from work that has an AC3 deocder built in, but I am sure it is way out of your price range.

Wholeshoe

Seemingly places like Walmart (Asda UK) sell cheap stereos with AC3 decoding, worth investigating. Always : )

yeah I will go there today. i hate that store. My wife spends too much money in it. I will try the sound card on my PC also.

Joe

IMHA it has gone to pot since G4 bought them out. I use to watch the screen savers and learn something. Now it is a joke.

Good luck getting it tho. It's on C band right?

Ken

signaltracker said:
I love this channel and would like to be able to watch it. I was wondering the cheapest way to decode the audio AC3. If anyone watching it could post how thety are doing it I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

joe

You might want to look at your home stereo.
:eureka
If you have a COAXIAL input(Single lead instead of Red&White / Left&Right), it may decode AC3. I took the SPDIF out on my 2500A and plugged it into the Coaxial IN on my HK-AVR7200 and it worked!

Worth a shot. :D

Yes, it was better when it was just plain TechTv. This channel has less to do with technology and more to do with games now. I heard that this channel was FTA in the past. I also seen MTV2 FTA myself on an old videocypher receiver when I was messing around with it.

ken2400 said:
IMHA it has gone to pot since G4 bought them out. I use to watch the screen savers and learn something. Now it is a joke. Ken
Ditto!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts