Anyone in Buffalo area bring in WGRZ (ch2) over OTA

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Question if you do. Up until recently I could never pull it in. Now I seem to get it on a regular basis at 80%. A few days ago the signal went down to 0. Now last night, I can pull in again at 80%.

Anyone know if they've been playing around with their power output?

Darren,

You talking about the UHF or the VHF? I'm assuming you mean the UHF digital, but thought I should ask and be sure. I ask because I *may* have a connection at Ch2 to get an answer from an engineer. If they aren't messing with power output, you may be seeing it better due to the weather systems moving through the south towns. Not sure how those affect UHF signal but it may "skip" ... *shrug*

Darren,

You talking about the UHF or the VHF? I'm assuming you mean the UHF digital, but thought I should ask and be sure. I ask because I *may* have a connection at Ch2 to get an answer from an engineer. If they aren't messing with power output, you may be seeing it better due to the weather systems moving through the south towns. Not sure how those affect UHF signal but it may "skip" ... *shrug*

I honestly dont really understand the difference. I pick it up via 2.1 and 2.2. I thought weather might be a factor, but how does my signal go from 0% up to 77-80%? Thats a huge variance.

Im just curious: Is your antenna hooked up to a Dish receiver? I have the same problem at times with channels (although I'm in Cleveland). I'll have a really strong signal that flucuates from 80%-0....when this happens, I can hook the antenna up directly to the TV and the problem goes away....

Question if you do. Up until recently I could never pull it in. Now I seem to get it on a regular basis at 80%. A few days ago the signal went down to 0. Now last night, I can pull in again at 80%.

Anyone know if they've been playing around with their power output?

Has anyone else had problems of WGRZ TV (Buffalo) 2.1 and 2.2. During the last week or so, I lost the signal completely OTA, with my dish receiver (722). I am wondering if it is the station or my receiver acting up. I have had some other issues with the receiver as of late with lip sync etc.

I've given up on WGRZ. I dont know what they do over there, but pulling them in is a mess.

Its wierd; was coming in great for awhile and now I don't get any signal at all. Thought something happened to my receiver. The funniest part, I am now getting 7.3, another sub station for channel which is carrying sports all the time.

7.3 has been there for a while... and I'm getting 2.1 and 2.3 just fine. :)
My 622 is showing them at 76-77%

Channel 4.1 at 100%

Channel 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 all at 100%

and I'm shooting through pines. Maybe I just have a sweet spot where my antenna is... *shrug*

I have a CM4228 on a 20' mast (from the ground) with about 50-75 feet of cable on it. No rotor.

I get WGRZ fine...they are known to have issues from time to time though...

BTW, I have no issues getting it with an indoor antenna.

Thanks for the responses. It is something with my 722; and that is even more obvious after last night while it was recording idol for the wife, it lost 25 mins of the two hours show.:mad:

I lost the idol show to black for about 20 minutes as well. I think it was not a dish receiver problem. But I also have a 722.

I have not had any problems with wgrz although I have not watched it much recently either. I have a cm2221 on my roof and have pretty good reception.

The Idol thing was not receiver related. It disappeared on my 508PVR upstairs in the bedroom as well. So it's not a 722 or 622 thing.

Receivers do odd crap at times though. My wife was upstairs watching Dancing and Idol and whatever... downstairs in the living room right after the hockey game ended I tried to change channels and got the "Acquiring Satellite Signal... please take this opportunity to go out to the store for an hour or so" message. (kidding about that last part of course)

The 622 got stuck. After waiting about half an hour, I finally pulled the plug, went out and cracked open another Red Stripe (yah, mon!) and plugged it back in.

"Acquiring satellite signal..." for about 15-20 minutes

dammit...

check signal on all sats... OK... check switch... all green and say "OK"... ran check switch test anyways...

"Downloading Program Guide Information..."

Done.

Fixed.

But one receiver got confused about stuff and the other was just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)