Anyone in CT - Having issues with WTIC FOX61 in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
Just curious if one of my CableVision issues is them or the local station? For over a week now no HD feed on my local Fox channel? Anyone here in CT have this problem on fox?

Thanks in advance,
John

I've noticed that sometimes it randomly switches between HD and SD. I think the last time it did it was either last week or week before with Sunday night shows (Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad.) Other than that it's been fine, but I don't watch that station much..

if you can or dont mind - switch it on tonight during fringe... is it in SD or HD? right now with my local cable its SD and all shows since two weeks ago has been in SD :-(

thanks and have a good day

OTA and from Directv, it's 16:9, but not full screen. I have black bars all the way around.

hmmm same here with Cable.... SD picture in a window 16x9 box with bars all around... strange

So I guess WTIC is messed up with its feeds; but you say its also fracked up OTA?

hmmm same here with Cable.... SD picture in a window 16x9 box with bars all around... strange

So I guess WTIC is messed up with its feeds; but you say its also fracked up OTA?

Yes, but both feeds are 16:9, not 4:3.

Noticed this, too. I wonder if it's related to FOX 61 moving their studios this week? Their local news should be HD pretty soon.

HD is down while they move to new studio, December 12th the HD feed comes back up, FYI! People in Cablevision forum on dslreports were complaining until someone posted that info. So Dec 12th HD comes back to WTIC.

Dec 14th

Here is the email response I got back from them:

We are in the process of moving facilities which is causing us not to be
able to broadcast in HD. We are hoping to have HD programming back by
December 14th. With technical issues that may arise, that date is
subject to change. Once we are fully up and running at the new
facility, we hope to have many more HD programs including our news in
our all new HD studio. We apologize for the inconvenience at this time
and thank you for watching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts