Anyone in S Carolina with D* HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is your zip code?

Also if your order says you are expecting the 5 LNB dish, then GET the 5 LNB dish (get exactly what is listed on the order) nothing more or less.

The zip is 29445. The lady at CR told me they guys in this area may only have 3lnb's. I remember my installer saying that he was told it would be soon that they would have to go back around to everyone that had 2 dish setups like me and give them a new single, dunno what that was about. I hope I get the newer dish.

Thanks for the help.

Well based on your zip there is not HD LIL yet for your DMA, doing the 5LNB would save time and another trip out, but your locals are on DirecTV 1 at 72.5°w and the core programming is on DirecTV 1R/4S/8 at 101°W. So you will get more than one dish.

Did you order any HD services? If so, maybe you will get the PhaseIII and an added dish to get your locals. That would be your best bet in my opinion.

They are coming back out to add HD service. I currently have two 18" dish's. So are you thinking they will keep one and add the 3lnb?

thanks

Well one dish has to point to your locals at 75; that will be one 18" dish; your 2nd dish.

If you are getting HD then your primary dish (based on your zip) should be the PhaseIII (3 LNB). It only "sees" 101, 110, 119; thus the 2nd dish.

Oh well, guess it'll be awhile till we will be down to one dish. The next battle is getting my OTA locals. I have a feeling the antenna they bring won't be impressive, but I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
elwaylite said:
Anyone in S.C. with D* HDTV?

No, S.C. statue 95-2015 passed in the legislature and signed by the Governor outlawed anyone in SC from having D* HD.

You really need a hobby. I'm going to continue to follow your lead and waste some bandwidth on this post so I can get my post count up to over 1000 quickly.

Well, they did the install today and I did get the 5 LNB so whenever locals go active I'm good except for the receiver.

I live in Goose Creek (29445) and I have two dishes. I use an indoor amplified UHF antenna for my digital locals ( don't rely on DTV analog locals because they look like crap). All channels come in with a signal strength of > 90. Give the indoor amplified antenna a try.

Thats where I am at, once I went to the Channel master 4228 my signals are up. I've got that running through the HR10 so I can record and pause the OTA.

Charper?

What is the process for getting waivers so I could try and view the HD E & W nationals instead of using OTA. Does D* handle it or do you have to call the stations?

When the installer was out Sunday putting in the 5lnb he said some people in the area already had HD locals thru D*, I'm wondering if what he is talking about is people that have gotten waivers.

We in the Charleston SC market so I now they are not getting MPEG 4 locals.

Its not based on the availability or not of MPEG4 HD via DirecTV. What is your zip code?

If you have a Grade A listed you will almost never get a waiver unless that affiliate is O&O.

OK I see you started a new thread so this may get merged back into the original so it can all stay together for a better understanding of all the previous info. I found your zip code from that older thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74338

Being only 19.6 miles or less from all your local affiliates, and a Grade A predictive contour, you are going to have a hard time getting waivers without requesting the on-site signal test and proving to them you can't get any OTA signal. What OTA antenna do you have now to receiver your digitals; how is it connected; and what heading is it aimed?

Last edited:
I have the CM 4228 connected to the HR10 250 and it's pointed a little over 90 degrees. Our locals are not shown right on antenna web and they are all located on a couple of towers in the same spot. Unfortunately I guess I get all the locals pretty good OTA.

I'd just like the backup of D* feeds. I really do not understand why they can tell you which channels you can and cannot watch.

Its not them, they can only provide what they are legally allowed to when it comes to network signals; thanks to the NAB and your local affiliates the DMA system is still a huge force. Get that antenna up as high as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trying to connect old receiver while keeping 2 DVR signals active

Ernesto will solve my tree problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)