Anyone install Exede or HughesNet??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I install Hughes. I installed Exede/Wildblue many years ago.. Down lower there is a Installer forum. This is probably more suited for down there.

I am a Self Installing Dealer in Northern California, serving the Emerald Triangle. I am a Network Engineer myself, and contact most of my installs to independent contractors. I have installed well over a hundred systems myself...I just prefer not to.
They are easy to install, and if done properly require very little maintenence for years. If corners are cut, I find that service calls start coming in within 4to6 month's.
The parent company, ViaSat Inc., is trying hard, but I have been disappointed as of late with them. They planned to have the second bird in the sky about a year ago- fever happened due to SpaceX and their launch problems. . The effects for customers have been numerous. Congestion in beams has caused slow speeds, and once great packages like the freedom plan which included unlimited data to no longer be offered, in place of more expensive plans with heavy data restrictions.
My sincerest hope is that with the upcoming launch of the ViaSat-2 we will see the return of unlimited data and a substantial price drop.

Reactions: ThisNotes4u
I was disappointed in the speeds of Hughesnet Gen 4 systems a few years back while doing upgrades and installs. I saw one system with very good download speeds over 20 mb but that was the exception. Forget about getting enough signal in if it's getting ready to rain even if it's just a light shower. You have to wait the storm out for an hour or two sometimes even for a sprinkle. With Dish Network or Directv the signal would come in during a storm most of the time. And if you run into issues which we did many times due to their glitches that may hold you up for hours on getting the unit activated. I could probably go on and on. I've had to go back and fix other people's shortfalls on the installs. It's no wonder why they require over a dozen pictures on every install and upgrade.

If you don't work for the right person you don't get paid, don't get the equipment you need and you have customers expecting free routers due to what the sales rep told them from Hughesnet or go drive way out in the middle of nowhere spending half your money on a low paying job on the gas alone. It don't make sense to do this line of work is you have to drive an hour or two away is you can't get two or three jobs while your out that way in the same sat to make it worthwhile. Then to top it off you schedule to do jobs and some other company in the morning steals that job away from you in the morning before you get there so you have to steal a job away from him later that day to make up for it. I have gotten lucky and done some jobs on the fly while in an area and been told wow that's the fastest service I ever got I just called an hour or two ago and your already here.

I am a Self Installing Dealer in Northern California, serving the Emerald Triangle. I am a Network Engineer myself, and contact most of my installs to independent contractors. I have installed well over a hundred systems myself...I just prefer not to.
They are easy to install, and if done properly require very little maintenence for years. If corners are cut, I find that service calls start coming in within 4to6 month's.
The parent company, ViaSat Inc., is trying hard, but I have been disappointed as of late with them. They planned to have the second bird in the sky about a year ago- fever happened due to SpaceX and their launch problems. . The effects for customers have been numerous. Congestion in beams has caused slow speeds, and once great packages like the freedom plan which included unlimited data to no longer be offered, in place of more expensive plans with heavy data restrictions.
My sincerest hope is that with the upcoming launch of the ViaSat-2 we will see the return of unlimited data and a substantial price drop.
I'm right below you, in Mendocino County, and share the same sentiments about the Freedom pan, congestion, etc etc. Freedom is back on beam 364, at least for now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)