Anyone is USA able to watch Beijing Olympics via FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peggypwr1

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Hello,

I am a total noob when it comes to satellite especially FTA. I have had cable all my life.

Anyway I am sick and tired of NBC delaying the good events till prime time.

My question has anyone in the Wst or East Coast able to watch the Beijing Olympics through FTA, live or not live?

Can you get Canadian Broadcasting Company? or EUropean.Asia feeds that show the Olympics?

Thanks for your time.

Hi there!

Unfortunately, you can't get CBC on FTA. On the other hand, there is a little up there on Galaxy 25 -- Abu Dubhi Sports has had a bit of coverage. It's mostly soccer (football, if you wish) and basketball --- but it just might beat swimming, beach volleyball, and gymnastics for yet another night.

I've been watching Olympics coverage on both NBC and FTA Cuba Olympics coverage and they are almost identical.

NBC's biggest mistake was the opening ceremonies , I wasn't aware of the current primetime delays.

I know there are several more channels FTA that are covering the games , but I haven't analyzed or compared them to NBC , maybe some other members here can confirm if the coverage has differed or been broadcast live vs. delayed.

Hey Peggypowr1 , I was just looking at your other posts and see you were here visiting us in 2006 during the Turino Olympics.

We've all been enjoying FTA .... Why haven't you taken the plunge yet.
It's alot of fun and yes we do watch many different programs or sport events not available elsewhere.

If you live on the east coast then your Olympics coverage during prime time is live, not delayed. They don't start doing anything though until about 9pm due to the time difference. I'm sure the athletes love having events starting at 9AM to accomodate NBC's scheduling whims.

The people that are getting the shaft are those of us out here on the West Coast. ALL of our coverage on NBC is of a tape delayed variety and they have the balls to have "live" in the corner of the TV, which was true... three hours ago when they aired it the first time to the east coast.

So far as I know the only way to get your Olympic coverage live is to have an account with a Canadian provider and to be viewing it on the CBC.

If you live on the east coast then your Olympics coverage during prime time is live, not delayed.
If this is true, then wouldn't anyone in the USA, Canada, and Mexico be able to watch east coast (basically New York) NBC on 99º west, C-band?
It's not exactly a big secret: WVGN-TV NBC-14 St Thomas, USVI

Here's a power distribution map.
Can you guys with 4' dishes get it?
I suspect 6' is no problem?

If this is true, then wouldn't anyone in the USA, Canada, and Mexico be able to watch east coast (basically New York) NBC on 99º west, C-band?
It's not exactly a big secret: WVGN-TV NBC-14 St Thomas, USVI

Here's a power distribution map.
Can you guys with 4' dishes get it?
I suspect 6' is no problem?

The signal is booming on my 6 footer from Sadoun with a BSC 421 lnbf.

Must be nice, Telstar 5 is full of stuff. Our group on there, too
I thought most of the olympics were fed via fiber.

-Rob

If you are still getting this, tell me what you are using for a Symbol Rate. I have been tryng to pull it in for 2 days without sucess. I thought it might be power trouble at the uplink because of Fay.

Abu Dhabi sport has a lot of Olympic stuff. Some live, some taped (some a couple days old!). It's hit or miss, but it's another option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts