Anyone know about this dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
internet_sat.jpgI've been offered this former satellite Internet dish. I can guess it's about 48" across, but haven't got up on the roof to check it out. Anyone played around and converted one of these to FTA? I'm not looking for another project, but it is an interesting shape.
Cheers

Typical gas station dish out here.
4' wide Prodelin, and as you can see: xmit & rcv.
As long as you keep the original feedhorn, it should work pretty much like any 1.2m dish, so far as I know.

Likely too heavy to motorize, but I don't have one.

I might play around with it on spot it is now and see what it can do. I'd be interested to see what kind of mini-bud it could be. The shape is definitely more of a prime focus than an offset. With that, I expect it should have better sat separation. I'll have to wait for a less stormy day to play.

I've replaced all of the original feedhorns on my three Prodelin 1.2 meter dishes, one is even being used for the Dish network and the others have either one or two Lnbs setup on them for KU. Nice looking dish and should give you good KU performance.

Attachments

• img237.jpg
    img237.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 180
For mini-BUD: The scalar / feedhorn is likely a wr75 and will not be compatible with a C-band LNB. You will need to find another feedhorn or LNBF solution.

The shape will be an issue and certainly a challenge with a traditional C-band LNBF and scalar. You will get a lot of terrestrial noise bombarding through the top and bottom illuminated areas (ie. missing panels).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)