Anyone know if I can start a Flex TV account if I purchase my own Hopper 3, Joey, and related dish equipment?

tsmcgee

Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm just not sure about activating a used (with a cleared receiver number) Hopper 3 on a Flex TV account, or if there are limits to the type of receivers that are allowed on that type of account, and I can't find anything online about it either.

Yes you can activate any receiver on a flex account. Just know that a Hopper 3 is not plug and play as a replacement for another type of receiver.
Ok great, thanks! yeah, in a previous life (about 7 or 8 years ago) I was an installer for Dish and know about the DPH equipment and how to point my dish, etc, I just didn't know the details on a flex tv account. My wife and I are going to start full-timing in an RV and I know they won't set that system up for me in an RV but if I own it all and just set it up myself wherever we go I think it'll work out just fine. I don't care about the locals I "should" get at my domicile address.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok great, thanks! yeah, in a previous life (about 7 or 8 years ago) I was an installer for Dish and know about the DPH equipment and how to point my dish, etc, I just didn't know the details on a flex tv account. My wife and I are going to start full-timing in an RV and I know they won't set that system up for me in an RV but if I own it all and just set it up myself wherever we go I think it'll work out just fine. I don't care about the locals I "should" get at my domicile address.
I set up RV's often. Don't be surprised if they would do that, but like you said, you were a tech so you know what works for you

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you set the Flex account up as an "Outdoor" account, changing locals as you travel is just a few button presses on the MyDish phone app. I sometimes change locals daily, although right now I'm using the EA CONUS beamed Charlottesville, VA locals until we get to Ft McAllister, GA to stay for a week. I'll switch to the Savannah locals there.