Anyone know of any new equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I really hate time warner. Is Time Warner offering cable cards? And anyone know if TiVo with cable service will be available?

With the amount of effort I have heard TWC is putting towards their own proprietary DVR software it's doubtful that they'll sign a deal with TiVo like Comcast has. TWC does offer cable cards.

With the amount of effort I have heard TWC is putting towards their own proprietary DVR software it's doubtful that they'll sign a deal with TiVo like Comcast has. TWC does offer cable cards.

I agree. There is zero hope for Tivo software for TWC. With the move to SDV and other services which require Mystro OCAP software, and the money already spent to develop it, it is very unlikely. Get the new Tivo S3 "lite" unit that I heard they are going to make and get you some cable cards and you will be all set. I would assume the new Tivo would be 2way compliant given the move to separable security because the FCC thinks it will spur competition in the set top market. Maybe it will. We can only hope there is a way out from TW MDN software. : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts