Anyone know why the guide is messed up?

Harry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Las Cruces, NM
Noticed this weekend the guide is very limited, usually no ifno beyond an hour or so.

Is this s result from the last upgrade, switching to TC Guide or what????

I have the 811 and another older receiver, 2700 I think. Both do it so it's not just the 811. On the 811, if you go out far enough, it will download but it ends up back to the current time with the same no info message beyond an hour or two. strange... Also ment TV guide, not TC. (The fingers don't work well today!)

Try doing a power button reset but it is probably just the receiver. The 2700 dosen't have much memory and what do you want to say about the buggy 811.

The 2700 won't go out past an hour....my 5000 barely went out 1/2 hour. After that fried this past weekend, its nice to use the 301 and have the 2 day guide :)

boba said:
Try doing a power button reset but it is probably just the receiver. The 2700 dosen't have much memory and what do you want to say about the buggy 811.

Well, I did the 'ol power reboot last night and it worked. My 811 is offically now known as the Microsoft Windows 811...... :no Reboot once a week wether it needs it or not!! :smug

My new 301 is starting to have a similar problem. It works fine as long as you shut it off every night. If you keep it turned on it needs a reset every two to three days. We never had to do this with our trusty old 3800 and my wife is starting to get annoyed.

My 301 has been doing it to. If you scroll forward several hours you will find guide data. Then when you scroll back the missing data starts to show. You never get a downloading guide message, and the whole process takes 2-3 seconds.

Mine has done this right after it has done a guide download. Has been doing this for a week or two.

To answer the original question, "Anyone know why the guide is messed up?" The answer could be "It's Dish Network".

Harry said:
Well, I did the 'ol power reboot last night and it worked. My 811 is offically now known as the Microsoft Windows 811...... :no Reboot once a week wether it needs it or not!! :smug
:haha :haha :haha
Very funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)