Anyone know WHY the VIP722 has these "audio dropouts" with local channels like ABC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dudeman739

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
North Carolina
I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area. I especially get the "audio dropout" issue with ABC and Fox when I playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR.

Is the problem with my VIP722 HD receiver ... OR is it the local ABC and Fox affiliates and their equipment? A problem with upgrading their equipment for the transition to digital TV?

I can playback pre-recorded programs from the DVR of ALL other channels with NO audio dropouts .... EXCEPT for ABC and Fox. ABC especially has a lot of audio dropouts.

There's nothing wrong with the wiring in my house or my Monster HDMI cables or my Onkyo SR604 audio receiver! I have returned TWO VIP622 boxes. I just got the VIP722 and it has the same exact problem with "audio dropouts". The technicians who have come out to the house are blaming the problem on my audio equipment. Are they doing this on purpose or are the top level engineers at Dish Network just refusing to tell them "the real problem" for some reason? It sure seems like the problem is with the SOFTWARE for the VIP722 to me. My 622 box was working just fine up until about 2 months ago.

Why would these problems be occuring only on TWO channels? If it was the wiring or my audio receiver wouldn't the "audio dropouts" be happening on ALL the channels? Anyone know what the deal is? Dish Network people on the phone can't or won't tell me. The technicians that come to the house can't seem to figure it out either.

Any replies to this issue would be appreciated. This issue is driving me nuts. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts