Anyone Out There Do Professional Roof Antenna Install?

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I'm near Birmingham and have had no luck. Not many in my area with antenna as most have providers.
I'll need a roof antenna to get all I need.
I have indoor antenna on one TV and get several HD but not all.
I've looked online and have found no installers advertised

I'm near Birmingham and have had no luck. Not many in my area with antenna as most have providers.
I'll need a roof antenna to get all I need.
I have indoor antenna on one TV and get several HD but not all.
I've looked online and have found no installers advertised

I used a local Dish retailer. I'm guessing most of them will be happy to install antennas. I think he charged $150 but it was about a year ago so I'm not positive.

When I did mine I had them remove the node from my hopper/Joey system and replace it with a splitter. Dish had already run RG6 to each of my TV locations so it was easy to get the antenna signal to the same TVs that way.

He also sold antennas but I had already bought my own from Amazon when I was still planning on installing it myself.

Not Dish directly but the third party authorized retailers probably do. I know they do in my area.

I have Directv and just called and said they would install for $99.
I would be responsible for getting the antenna.

I have Directv and just called and said they would install for $99.
I would be responsible for getting the antenna.

Well worth it in my opinion since they actually have the tools to get the cables through your walls and the knowledge to properly ground the antenna. Plus you don't have to screw around with ladders and a steep roof.

Channels I want are yellow background.
LOS is line of sight.
What is edge1 or edge2?

looking at your tvfool most of the stations are in one direction which is good
You have stations on all bands which is kinda rare. Most stations abandoned VHF Low (2-6) at the conversion

If you dont care about ThisTV (which is on WVUA RF6 but shows as 23) I would go with a simple combo antenna like this
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...UHF-HDTV-Antenna-(HD7694P)&c=TV Antennas&sku=
It will get stations on RF7-51

Or maybe check amazon or Ebay for a HBU33 antenna (Antennacraft made them but when Radio Shack went belly up so did Antennacraft)
If you want all the stations then you'd have to go much bigger.

edit: I see there is a Radio Shack in your town. Its a franchise store but they say they still have Radio Shack stuff. Maybe stop there and see what they say
Radio Shack site says 227 James Payton Blvd

Thanks Iceberg!
Yep. It's still here.
I'll go buy next week.
I need to check with my homeowners association to see what they say.
Shouldn't be a problem as people will not be able to see the antenna from the street.

OTARD prevents them from stopping you.

I "informed" my HOA, long after having installed it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Thanks Iceberg!
Yep. It's still here.
I'll go buy next week..
The nice thing about the franchise Radio Shack stores is the people there actually care and know the products. The retail stores were manned by idiots at the end. When I was in Minneapolis I hit a franchise store about 20 miles from my moms....ironically looking for an antenna.
Went in and talked with the owner and by god he knew what I was looking for and what I needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)