Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
I am thinking of buying a chevy HHR tommorow, well I am going to look at two...but Anyone have them or drive them? your thoughts? they reason I am looking at them is I can get one for 13,000 (it is a 2008 with 14,000 miles on it) it gets 30 miles to the gallon (cobalt engine) but has the space of a suv (this is big as I have a 10 month old, and we need room!). Plus its a chevy and profits go to america (I think they do dont they? Vurbano I believe or Joe posted something where profits go)

a friend of mine has one and she loves it. thats the best i can tell ya.

Personally i lke the way the look but my wife hates it, so its not something we would look at, but we are in the market for something new as well.

My wife had one and loved it. Great car great mileage,but i found it very uncomfortable driving , not much leg room and my knees kept hitting the dash . I am 6 ft tall so you can judge for yourself . But the car is a very good car overall.

My wife had one and loved it. Great car great mileage,but i found it very uncomfortable driving , not much leg room and my knees kept hitting the dash . I am 6 ft tall so you can judge for yourself . But the car is a very good car overall.

I am 5'11-6' foot as well, and I was worried about that, but the one I sat in seemed roomy (for the two minutes i was in it)...I was shocked at how roomy it FELT to me, now wether that works out to actually being real world roomy (car seat) we will see.

I rode in one when we were in Reno. I did not care for it. But then again, I am spoiled. :eek:

If you decide to buy it, hope you love it. :)

I'm only 5' 10'' and I had the same complaint when I rented one on a trip.

I rented one for awhile. the headroom is not an issue the real issue was legroom. I am a bit shorter and my legs are short so I was fine but I can see where a long legged adult woudl be frustrated.

My In-Laws have one and I am not a fan. I am just over 6 feet tall and have the same issues as everyone else above. I also thought that the car was very noisy. Lots of wind sound and road noise.

They love it, I do not. I liked the PT Cruiser better if that is the style of car you are looking for. My wife had 2 (my In-Laws had 1 too) and I really liked it. The PT definitely has more room on the inside.

Good luck!

I install tow hitches here at the business and do 8-10 a month. I did an HHR a few weeks ago and was shocked (compared to other cars and trucks I have done) at how thin the frame was when drilling to install the hitch. Like a hot knife in butter, really. If it were mine I might worry about how it would hold up in the long term; They don't make'em like they used too. Also, while driving it around for the customer my shoulder seemed really close to the door; I'm 6'1'' and felt kinda cramped in that manner. However leg room was great for me. By the way, I'm still enjoying the grip modified (dog chewed) PS3 controller! :) Good luck at the car lot!

My wife drove one (rental car) when she came here to look at housing last August. She was indifferent towards it, but she did mention it got excellent gas mileage. I rented an HHR when I was down here in March, prior to our move, mainly because I had to do a lot of in-and-about driving. The mileage was pretty good, but there was nothing particular special or endearing about the car in my opinion. I am right at 71" and the car had plenty of headroom, but if my legs were a little longer it may have been a bit cramped.

Unless you're into driving a Geek Squad car, I would consider the Ford Focus, Toyota Prius, and Honda Civic (economy class vehicles) long before I considered an HHR.

Just my opinion...

I install tow hitches here at the business and do 8-10 a month. I did an HHR a few weeks ago and was shocked (compared to other cars and trucks I have done) at how thin the frame was when drilling to install the hitch. Like a hot knife in butter, really. If it were mine I might worry about how it would hold up in the long term; They don't make'em like they used too. Also, while driving it around for the customer my shoulder seemed really close to the door; I'm 6'1'' and felt kinda cramped in that manner. However leg room was great for me. By the way, I'm still enjoying the grip modified (dog chewed) PS3 controller! :) Good luck at the car lot!

That thing held up this long? I just sent my Ps3 in for repair, I am realllllllly hoping it comes back soon as I am missing some blu ray :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)