Anyone prepared to share their bill?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would share their bill with me - I am interested in seeing all the fees that get added onto each months account - no other reason or if you could post the charges that would be great as another option.

This is a breakdown of my bill. First note that I'm on the triple play bundle so I'm getting a discount.

100.00 - Triple play (cable, internet and phone and price includes just the "rental" fee for my first HD DVR box).

10.00 - First HD DVR's DVR Service Fee.

17.45 - Second HD DVR (includes rental, dvr service fee and service plus).

55.45 - Charges for all premium channels plus Sports and Entertainment Package.

3.00 - Phone/Internet modem rental fee.

7.00 - Includes all of my taxes rounded "up" to the nearest dollar.

So with everything above added up and rounded to the nearest dollar I pay 193.00/month.

Longhorn - do you get all of the HD channels just by having the HD DVR or do you need other hardware -

do you like the HD DVR?

Yes I get all available HD channels along with many free HD On Demand titles from Comcast. All you need is an HD box or an HD DVR box. If you have a TV with a cable card slot and get a cable card from Comcast you will also get all HD channels. Please note that you cannot get PPV or any On Demand content using a cablecard.

If your HDTV set has a QAM tuner you may get some HD channels but its highly likely that you won't get them all.

Also I'm sure you know this but to get Starz HD you must subscribe to Starz etc etc.

The DVR software could be much much better but its nowhere close to being bad enough to warrant not having it. I'm very hopeful that both the upcoming java iguide (aka j-guide) and Tivo software will fix many of these pesky issues with the DVR software.

I'm similar to Longhorn's setup but my triple play from Knology includes premiums

155.00 - Triple play (cable, internet and phone and price includes just the "rental" fee for my first regular box plus all premiums - also includes phone feature package except 2 special addons which cost extra.).

13.00 - First HD DVR's DVR Service Fee & rental.

13.00 - Second HD DVR Service Fee & rental.

24.00 - Rental for 3 additional digital boxes

3.00 - Charges Sports Package.

4.00 - Misc phone charges (unlisted #, etc.)

22.00 - Includes all of my taxes rounded "up" to the nearest dollar.

So with everything rounded I pay 236.00/month for full service with 4 digital boxes and 2 HD/DVR boxes, 5 cent long distance and phone feature pack.

Goober22 just so you know I do indeed get all premium channels at the price I said above. I get Starz, Encore, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and The Movie Channel.

Yep, I got that but you broke them out as a separate charge apart from your bundle price:

55.45 - Charges for all premium channels plus Sports and Entertainment Package.

Mine are included as part of the "Premium Bundle" for $154.95. Same thing, just different ways to get there. :)

Here is the breakdown on my latest COMCAST bill (Phildelphia area-with latest price increase-just TV and internet)
Basic/expanded/digital $67.15
2 DVRs $28.00
Cable Internet $46.00
various taxes $8.32

I have Comcast's Digital Starter Service (basically analog plus OnDemand and the local digital subchannels) for $49. I also added the Digital Sports pack (i.e. NBATV, Gol TV, Fox College Sports, NFL Network) for an extra $5.

This is Comcast of Tallahassee.

On a seperate note, I better not have any issues watching any Marlins baseball games via Comcast Tallahassee this season. All 150 games better be on FSN Channel 50 or SUN Channel 28 or else I will cancel my service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts