Anyone think we will have Fox HD in time for Superbowl XL (5 Feb)?

Well since you were so kind to put your location in your signature I was able to check and you wouldn't be eligible to receive a distant FOX HD from dish if they offered it anyways...

Furthermore antennaweb shows that you live 20 miles from the big 4 affiliate digital signals and could be receiving them with a red grade antenna. So put up an antenna and you could be watching Fox now like me and the rest of the majority of the country that can receive digital signals via antenna :)

BFG said:
Well since you were so kind to put your location in your signature I was able to check and you wouldn't be eligible to receive a distant FOX HD from dish if they offered it anyways...

Furthermore antennaweb shows that you live 20 miles from the big 4 affiliate digital signals and could be receiving them with a red grade antenna. So put up an antenna and you could be watching Fox now like me and the rest of the majority of the country that can receive digital signals via antenna :)

Nice try. But not true. There is a mountain range between Colorado Springs and Woodland Park. When you enter my actual street address the reception situation is much worse. (There is a Fox analogue repeater site 2 miles away--but no digital and no HD.) I have been with Echostar for 15+ years; started with C-band when we moved up here, then switched to Dish. Have had main distant national feeds (ABC, NBC, and CBS) all that time (including 8 Dec 2004 when the new law became effective.) So I keep the national feeds as well as Colorado Springs DMA. All that said, I don't get Fox national or Fox HD.

You are right about not having a Fox waiver. Just for grins, I tried antenna web again for digital signals. Here is there answer: "There are no digital stations predicted to serve this location." I tried to get analogue signals when we moved up here 15 years ago. The picture was terrible. So I went with a 10ft C-band dish. The rest is history.......

Uh, isnt the superbowl on ABC this year? I coulda sworn it was on FOX last year, and they always rotate it...

Dish currently has the east and west HD local national networks in testing.. First they would have to release these to subscribers, then you'd have to either live in an O&O area or get a waiver from your local ABC..

I'm not too up on the whole O&O and waiver system.

I got this quote from some sports betting site :)

"The television network showing the game changes from year to year. In the United States it is currently shared between three of the four major television networks - ABC, CBS, and FOX. Super Bowl XXXVIII was shown on CBS, Super Bowl XXXIX was shown on FOX, and Super Bowl XL will be shown on ABC, which will be the final NFL game broadcast on on that network for the forseeable future"

http://www.superbowl.com/features/futuresites

Super Bowl XL, Detroit, Mich. -- Feb. 5, 2006 (ABC)

They probably still had last years superbowl info up on the main page or something.

HokieEngineer said:
Uh, isnt the superbowl on ABC this year? I coulda sworn it was on FOX last year, and they always rotate it...

Before I posted this thread, I went to the superbowl web site. It said Fox. I wish it were ABC. I will check again.

It is ABC. Fox was last year, the superbowl website stays out of date for a while

rdinkel said:
Before I posted this thread, I went to the superbowl web site. It said Fox. I wish it were ABC. I will check again.

It is on ABC this year..... they advertise it on Monday night football every week...

HokieEngineer said:

Dish currently has the east and west HD local national networks in testing.. First they would have to release these to subscribers, then you'd have to either live in an O&O area or get a waiver from your local ABC..

I'm not too up on the whole O&O and waiver system.

I got this quote from some sports betting site :)

"The television network showing the game changes from year to year. In the United States it is currently shared between three of the four major television networks - ABC, CBS, and FOX. Super Bowl XXXVIII was shown on CBS, Super Bowl XXXIX was shown on FOX, and Super Bowl XL will be shown on ABC, which will be the final NFL game broadcast on on that network for the forseeable future"

http://www.superbowl.com/features/futuresites

Super Bowl XL, Detroit, Mich. -- Feb. 5, 2006 (ABC)

They probably still had last years superbowl info up on the main page or something.

Here is what I got: "Meanwhile, look forward to the complete 2006 Super Bowl Championship Game, and the usual half-time hoopla on TV at FOX Sports — as the 40th annual Super Bowl takes place in Detroit,at Ford Field, kick off time approximately 6:25 pm EST Sunday February. 5, 2006."

Go figure??

It is ABC. I stand corrected. Here is what I found off the ABC Sports HD schedule: "Sports: Monday Night Football; Super Bowl XL; NCAA football (selected games); NBA finals; 2006 FIFA World Cup Soccer (selected matches)"

Thanks for setting me straight.

Bob: With it being on ABC, we're just screwed - KRDO isn't going to give waivers. Remember what I told you about what they did to me. :(

Maybe we get some people to do a protest march in front of the station, and get coverage from the other stations?

SimpleSimon said:
Bob: With it being on ABC, we're just screwed - KRDO isn't going to give waivers. Remember what I told you about what they did to me. :(

Maybe we get some people to do a protest march in front of the station, and get coverage from the other stations?

Simon, I have distant (East and West Coast) ABC now. So if they go HD, I should have them also. Also, the latest FCC "significantly viewed" list for Teller County includes Denver ABC, NBC, and CBS.

BFG said:

Would you mind giving up that link to check for DNS?

Well then how bout ABC HD will dish be carrying that then? I also cannot receive any DTV broadcast except PBS :(

Racerlogan said:
Yes I need to know how you did that. I live in Bailey 8200 feet, not a chance of getting any HD from Denver. Can I get the HD feed from NY and LA.

Thanks

I have had the distant feeds since C-band days---for over 15 years. I was "grandfathered" in when small dish systems arrived. And the latest law says that if you were unserved for OTA and had distant stations as of 8 Dec 2004 (which I did) and subscribe to locals in your DMA (which I do), then you can keep the distant national feeds (max of two locations; in my case I have NY and LA).

The problem is, if you call the customer service reps at Dishnetwork, they seem to only know how to ask their computer what you are entitled to. They are not knowledgeable in the law or special situations that permit continued access to distant network stations.

Additionally, you may want to visit this link: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-187A2.pdf
to see what adjacent DMA stations are considered "significantly viewed" for your county. The new law says you may be authorized to subscribe to these in addition to your primary DMA stations. If it is a large city, like Denver, you will have a better chance of getting HD before your local stations are carried in HD over satellite.

It is a complicated mess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)