Anyone using an H20 with a Tivo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I am considering coming back to D* and I will most likely get an HR-20 for one TV, but I have a 3 year agreement on one of my Tivos (2 years left). I wonder if anyone is using the SD outputs from an H20 to feed a Tivo and if the HD channels come in in proper aspect ratio and look good.

forgive my stupid question of the afternoon, but how in the heck did you end up with a 3-year agreement with a tivo? even the hr10's only had a 2-year agreement, same as what i originally had with my h10.

Yep it works just fine and the HD channels are the proper aspect ratio. You will have to hook it up with the RCA connectors and the HR20 will have to be tuned to the channel you want to record on the TIVO. I have a TIVO series 2 that has lifetime service on it so I did it that way for a while, but it is much easier to just record it on the HR-20

I am considering coming back to D* and I will most likely get an HR-20 for one TV, but I have a 3 year agreement on one of my Tivos (2 years left). I wonder if anyone is using the SD outputs from an H20 to feed a Tivo and if the HD channels come in in proper aspect ratio and look good.
I'm feeding the SD outputs of a H20 to a dvd recorder. You will need to always keep the H20 powered on, since the timers do not automatically power it on. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)