Anyone using Sonicview 360 Elite PVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
Hi guys I am having problems trying to set up my new SV360 Elite. I have a motorized dish And changed to a newer motor with the new receiver I have my elevation the same as the other motor and I can get Two really strong signals. I think that they are probably Bell on Nimiq or star choice whatever their name is now. anyway I leave it on this signal and try to find it on the receiver but cant get quality on any Sat. The manual isn't too good at explaining how to set up anything like do I need diseq on or not. So I am hoping that one of you guys know the sv360 and could help me set this up.

What kind of lnbf and dish are you connecting it to? Which satellite do you think you're aimed toward>and have you done the 'setup' procedure in the receiver for that satellite?

Hi I have a universal lbnf and dish that I used with a pansat250sm the dish was bought as part of a package from Kusat in Montreal so it is bigger than the bell dish's. I get a really strong signal from Two Satellites which I really think are Bell and " Starchoice " whatever their name is now.The setup feature I am not familiar with but I go through and set the lnb for universal or single whichever gives a stronger signal. I don't do anything for usals or diseq. I have gone through every Satellite from sbs6 up to 97 west. my due south Sat. is 77 west.

If you don't have any diseqc switches in your system, then no you don't need to set that option. Sounds like you may need to go through the motor setup procedure for the new receiver, I'd pick USALS and set it on each satellite you want, put the motor on the zero position (buttons on the motor itself) and then try to locate your nearest satellite to the zero position. Motor should be at zero when pointed south, whichever sat is closest to your longitude would be the one I'd start trying to scan in. Also, of course, you will need to enter your long/latitude into the receiver first.

Thanks I will just forget the two signals since they aren't near my due south and focus on trying to get it. I guess I have to play with the elevation

Thanks Turbosat
looks like I have some reading to do. Satguys really helped me when I got my Pansat setup a few years ago and are helping out again. Thank you so much.

Anytime, it does take a good bit of study to keep up with the hobby, seems to get more complicated every day, i.e. DVB-S2, H264, MPEG4, 4:2:2 video, etc etc

Hi Turbosat, Just wanted to say that through one of the links posted, I found out that I have a different degree of bend on my new motor shaft. So It changes my whole elevation. I probably wouldn't have found it with out the link.

Well that changes your whole complexion, lol. Maybe now you will be able to get that thing working 110% . Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts