Anyone using the Album info for tagging?

pizzaguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Just wondering if anyone else uses the XM online feature (not recast online) to pull the album info and extra long (more than 16 characters) names into the tag information.

If so, how is it working?

Dan

pizzaguy said:
Just wondering if anyone else uses the XM online feature (not recast online) to pull the album info and extra long (more than 16 characters) names into the tag information.

If so, how is it working?

Dan

Which version of TT is this available on? Is it available on the 3.2 version? Thats the only one I am using right now.

OK...

I may have found a (or at least one) possible cause for loosing the album information.

In looking at the record log from my test today, the loss of information coincided with the first use of the day of my home phone.

We have noticed that the use of the phone will cause disconnection of online games or from VPN connection while controlling my work computer from home, so this would be no surprise.

What is confusing however would be the software's inability to just re-establish the connection and continue (if this is really the cause).

I do see that some other stations are still displaying the album information even though the station I am tuned to seems to be permanently disconnected.

Dan

We are working on making the keep alive or establishing of the connection better.

I can't get into the full details on it... but things have changed from when we first created the feature.

It is being delt with and we are hoping that it will be in the version when the beta becomes a full release.

D.

dserianni said:
It is being delt with and we are hoping that it will be in the version when the beta becomes a full release.

D.

Derek,

With all due respect, Isn't this feature in Recast one of the biggest advantages over what was already working pretty well in TT 3.2?

I remember seeing a comparison list between the two programs, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe a re-post of this information would help me to understand.

If this feature is disabled by the slightest hiccup in connection, it is useless. The XM Online player does not die when someone answers the phone in my house (it just keeps playing and displaying the proper info), therefore it is difficult to understand why Recast would do so.

While I would not want the full release delayed due to an isolated problem (mine), I have a very difficult time believing that this is not a potential problem for ANYONE wishing to use this feature.

I would certainly hope that this issue is addressed prior to becoming a full version.

Kind Regards,

Dan

pizzaguy said:
I do see that some other stations are still displaying the album information even though the station I am tuned to seems to be permanently disconnected.

Dan

Update on this...

The album information (as well as the song and artist info) that I noticed being displayed for the other stations was incorrect and remained there (unchanged) through MANY song changes until the program just closed due to lack of connection (even though it was connected).

Dan

The issue has nothing to do with you picking up the phone.

I have no idea what that is and it sounds like a very isolated issue with your Internet.

Perhaps the picking up of the phone has to do with a lack of filters on those phones if you are using DSL... but that is not a topic for this forum...

The issue with the album info when using on-line with hardware is the XM stream and the way XM changed how the stream is being pushed out. That is what is being worked on.

D.

OK...fair enough... for the sake of moving forward constructively, lets leave the phone out of it. The information I posted regarding the phone was attempt to answer a question that David had for me in the beta feedback thread (maybe I should have posted there) where he asked if there was a consistency to the timing of the data loss. I just thought for sure, I found that answer. Sorry to get so excited. I will make sure all of the hardware on my end is in proper working order.

Leaving everything else out of it, my real concern is the fact that Recast will not "Keep Alive" REGARDLESS of the reason.

You have posted before that an internet connection is required to support some of the new "advanced features". For the benefit/curiosity of all, could you please eleborate on what some of these features are (besides the more complete tagging info) and what advantage they have for the END USER?

As I said before, the better tagging info was listed as one of the REAL major advantages over what was already working in 3.2. Without it, there does not really seem to be any real value for the END USER to need the internet connection.

I understand you are working on the issue and sincerely wish you all the best in figuring it out. It just seemed to me by one of your earlier posts that it may not be a priority in the release of the final version.

Respectfully,

Dan

I cannot get into the features because some of them have yet to be implemented. This is confidential information for TimeTrax staff only. When we shared too much information in the past it was looked upon negatively by the forum users so we decided to take the advice and not "spill the beans" any more.

I can say that it was neccessary to implement the internet connectivity requirement this early-on even thought some of the features are not activated as of yet. As I said in a previous post we are looking into the possiblity of allowing users to toggle them off thus eliminating the need for internet connectivity. This is all I will say about this.

As for the keep alives and the ability for TimeTrax to reconnect to the stream when the connection I assure you that this is lost is a top priority.

Again, because we don't want to "spill the beans", I won't go into detail as to the reasons why it is doing this all of a sudden and what we are doing to correct it.

Rest assured that bug reports from the beta version are being collected and worked on.

Bug reports can be sent to the e-mail provided on the website. E-mails are collected but not actively worked on with the customer. We are not supporting the beta version in a one on one customer situation. We may ask some beta users to assist us with debug logs or other testing but this is on a case by case basis.

We appreciate your enthusiasm Dan..... but there are going to be many times from now on when we are not going to "spill the beans"

D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)