Anyone Using The Fortec Lifetime Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JIGGIEFLY

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 11, 2005
Melvindale Mich.
Been looking at FTA systems and Sadoun has some good stuff from Fortec, Was just wondering if anyone else has used the Fortec Ultra

Am also looking into the new Coolsat 4000 pro Model

I read to much and just as i thought i had my system picked out i find some other info on another system so not sure witch to get yet.

Fortec Ultra Or Coolsat 4000 pro

I have worked with both

Fortec has AC-3 output for the PBS on AMC3

Coolsat has a faster scan for blind scanning

Iceberg

Blind Scanning speed is actually f/w controlled. Fortec decided to slow the blind scan a bit to increase the accuracy of the results. They could speed it up, but the receiver could miss a few signals.

If someone has both receivers, they should do a comparison on one satellite (let's say IA5 aka Telstar 5).

1- Make sure you have the latest factory f/w loaded into the receiver.
2- Do a factory reset on both receivers
3- Start a blind scan using the same parameters. Perform one scan only using the same satellite, dish and LNBF
4- Time it
5- Compare results.

I don"t mind that Fortec may be a bit slower, i'd rather have good results & i would think that if the Coolsat moved to fast something might get missed or does the 4000 pro process info coming into that fast as some sats are real close together.

As this is my first FTA receiver (Fortec Lifetime Ultra), I do not have anything to compare it to. However, I have found that when using it, if I think it should do something, it can, I just have to figure it out. (Scan more than one Sat for new feeds)

I have a Pantec MS, which is a Pansat/Fortec clone.. This means I can load either software onto the unit. (Pansat 2500A or Fortec Lifetime Ultra)

That being said, I rather the Fortec software, it seems more stable, and easier to navigate than the Pansat 2500A software...

So, based on that, I would recommend the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra over the Pansat 2500A :) (I have not tried the Coolsat, so I have no opinion on that unit.)

JIGGIEFLY said:
Been looking at FTA systems and Sadoun has some good stuff from Fortec, Was just wondering if anyone else has used the Fortec Ultra

Am also looking into the new Coolsat 4000 pro Model

I read to much and just as i thought i had my system picked out i find some other info on another system so not sure witch to get yet.

Fortec Ultra Or Coolsat 4000 pro

I like the Satwork ST3688, in C BAND the scan is very faster and skip less TP, in KU BAND it's a little faster and also skip less TP. The bad on the ST3688, it have not a PC Editor and have not USUAL 1.3, but the channel change is very faster then the Ultra and also the PAL to NTSC the ST3688 is the winner and the Picture is better and is easer to use. I have both Receiver the ST3688 (also the ST3618) and the Ultra 2005, have had also the Coship 3188C, the Coolsat and the PANSAT 2500a(2700 also) I have not tested.
With the ST3688 you can scan all the Satellite at the same time. You let him work at the night.

Saludos
Hiebert

You are right Hiebert the scan ALL satellites is an AMAZING function on the Satwork ST 3688. And as you say the picture is one of the best out there, if that matters to anyone anymore :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)