Anyone Watching LP Channels Tongint???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
They are horrendous. I can hardly read the score on the Magic game. E* really needs to up the BW or lower the compression. Since those of us who are getting it, paid $169 for it, the least they can do is make it watchable, but it's sooooooo bad that I cant stand it.

Wonder where the bandwidth is being diverted to from all the NHL Center Ice games that are MIA this season.

Remember the bandwidth is the same as it always is with the sports channel. No NHL has nothing to do with it. When they set up the game channels for the day they're simply mirroring the RSN channels

I don't think its all dish's fault b/c they showed highlights of the bobcats game tonite on tnt hd and it looked like crap on there so i dunno

Well the games first started, they were seriously horrendous. However, they progressively became better, and believe me when I turned back to the magic game, it was a relief to see the score. The Mag aren't my tem, Wiz are, but I do like to watch games and read the score.

BFG said:
Remember the bandwidth is the same as it always is with the sports channel. No NHL has nothing to do with it. When they set up the game channels for the day they're simply mirroring the RSN channels

Not necessarily true. Fast action sports events require more bandwidth dedicated to look good then your average sitcom or movie. With the NHL lockout, the regional sports channels are broadcasting things like flyfishing and a ton of paid programming infomercials 24-7. This frees up all kinds of bandwidth for other channels when you don't have 15 live pro hockey games being broadcasted during primetime hours on the regional sports networks along with CBC and TSN. I know what you are trying to say, but you are ignoring how statistical multiplexing works with Dish Network as well as ignoring that whats being currently broadcasted in its place doesn't require the same level of attention bandwidth-wise. Who is going to call up and complain that their regional sports providers world series of poker competition looks horrible? Its one thing if you are paying $140+ a season to see your favorite team play 82 games a season. Another thing entirely if the same networks are showing nonsense filler programs in their place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)