Anyone watching the World's Cup in 3d

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
Espn 3d is launched with most of the coverage this week being of the World's Cup.

So anyone out there with a carrier thats carrying it and a 3D set? I, at least, would like to hear their comments.

best buy had the game in 3D but someone had them glasses on so I could not confirm how good it looked. I was there right when the USA game started.

3D

Well, here I sit with my Panny 3D plasma and my 3D glasses. But, alas, I have DISH Network. Crazy Charlie thinks his customers do not deserve 3D for some unknown reason. Methinks I will check into DirecTV..........:rant:

Well, here I sit with my Panny 3D plasma and my 3D glasses. But, alas, I have DISH Network. Crazy Charlie thinks his customers do not deserve 3D for some unknown reason. Methinks I will check into DirecTV..........:rant:

I think we would have ESPN 3D and ESPNU HD if Dish was not suing ESPN right now. I did check it out today and it was ok. ABC/ESPN are not the ones filming so I guess the camera placement is not ideal for 3D. Some shots were impressive while others were no different than SD/HD.

If you have a C-Band dish, and HD FTA receiver, there are at least 2 satellites which have an unencrypted 3D feed of World Cup games. The picture quality on these feeds is stunning! You can almost touch the players sometimes!

Charlie is now at least talking about having 3d. DirecTv has of course launched 2 more in addition to ESPN 3d.

Myself I have FIOS, and they have only have some specials in 3d. e.g. today and tommorrow the NY DMA gets the Yankees vs Mariners. They are talking some offering by Christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts