Anyone with a viewsat 9000 HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
If so I'm wondering if you have any trouble with HD sports feeds? I'm getting glitching in audio and video like you would with low signal even though the quality shows 75. I try feeding the same signal to the viewsat ultra and even though I can't see the pic the audio is playing just fine. If you're watching a pro sports wildfeed tonight with a VS 9000 can you advise? Thanks alot. I'm gonna pull my hair out I do believe.

I've got the latest software from the manufacturers website. That doesn't fix it.

Last edited:
If so I'm wondering if you have any trouble with HD sports feeds? I'm getting glitching in audio and video like you would with low signal even though the quality shows 75. I try feeding the same signal to the viewsat ultra and even though I can't see the pic the audio is playing just fine. If you're watching a pro sports wildfeed tonight with a VS 9000 can you advise? Thanks alot. I'm gonna pull my hair out I do believe.

If you are watching a popular sport on G11 c band, that feed is weak. I cannot lock it tonight on my 7.5 foot BUD. That may be your problem.

That is one of them, yes. I have a quality of about 73 on a 10 footer. I've tuned in some other sports on other sats and same deal. I just don't get it.

I am getting the game at a signal of 55% on the 8 footer. That's pretty low, but the video is sharp and bright. Early in the season I had a game on G11 that I couldn't raise because of weak signal. Wish the Bears were as sharp as the picture.:rolleyes:

Nobody else has a Viewsat 9000? I'm having the same problems tonight

Update

Ok, I've kept a log of good and bad feeds lately. I've found a common theme. The box is fine with symbol rates all the way to 27490. The box glitches with a symbol rate of 29270 or over. I haven't had any symbol rates thus far between there so I don't know where the actual cutoff is. I'm going to keep logging feeds and see if it keeps up.

I got a tip from a member here to check symbol rates. Thanks stogie

I looked up on wikipedia what symbol rates did and, basically it's the number of changes to the transmission medium per second in a digitally modulated signal. Now I'm no engineer so I don't know what part of the receiver is responsible for this but, at least I have a good grasp of the problem for my next call to Viewsat tech support. I'll keep the members here informed of how things go so that you can make an informed decision on your next receiver:)

I did find an exception. The PBS channel on AMC 3 shows a symbol rate of 30000 and it works fine. I don't know if it transmits anything differently since it's a full time channel while the others are occasional feeds?

Last edited:
Boomer Have you tried the OTA tuner in it for local HD stations, just curious to see how that works.

I've got one of these things coming next week...couldn't pass it up for a fair amount less than 100 bucks

I've got one of these things coming next week...couldn't pass it up for a fair amount less than 100 bucks

You got a 9000 for less than a hundred bucks? Who did you rob? On the other hand if it works like mine that's about all it's worth. Maybe we can compare some bad feeds after you get setup to see if it's just my box or all the 9000.

I can't watch tonights event in HD because it glitches all over:mad:

not a problem. It should come late next week. There was a glitch with paying the guy..he gave me the wrong payment address (note to ebay sellers...make sure you type the e-mail address right when you send a bill...makes it easier to send money) :)

But yeah I got it for a steal...sometimes those ebay auctions pay off :)

Then I can see how well it works (or doesn't).

not a problem. It should come late next week. There was a glitch with paying the guy..he gave me the wrong payment address (note to ebay sellers...make sure you type the e-mail address right when you send a bill...makes it easier to send money) :)

But yeah I got it for a steal...sometimes those ebay auctions pay off :)

Then I can see how well it works (or doesn't).

I'll be anxious to hear your results. I was going to do a review for the board on this box but, right now I don't have alot of good things to say. Don't get me wrong it's not all bad and, it has the potential to be a great unit. It just needs to fix a few deficiencies. The blind scan works about like the quali-tv blind scan. Most annoying is it can't handle alot of HD feeds. Like tonights telecast of a popular sport.

boy I feel like a dumbass...I got a NEUSAT 9000, not a Viewsat 9000

Sorry about that....my mind is oh so somewhere else :)

boy I feel like a dumbass...I got a NEUSAT 9000, not a Viewsat 9000

Sorry about that....my mind is oh so somewhere else :)

Ahh ok, that makes more sense. I went to ebay to see if there were anymore of those megadeals. At any rate you still got a cheap HD unit. I'd still like to compare the feeds that are giving me trouble since I know you have C and KU. It'll be interesting to see if that receiver is outperforming mine.

Boomer, I know you ain't going to want to hear this, but that feed was fine on the Neusat HD last night. I watched the whole thing. :)

I had a problem when I first got it with it actually tuning a TP, but after that I've tried four feeds and its gotten all four of them.

Ice, I would suggest you treat the Neusat just like you would a quali. Just a feed receiver. The blind scan is just okay, and its so slow that you can make a sandwich and have a tasty beverage before its done, and even then it misses some feeds.:)

But you are going to need some other-than-factory flashes to make it THAT good even. Out of the box it wouldn't find ANYTHING.:(

But when it does work the PQ is incredible. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)