Anyone with the multi-sport package??

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I was wondering if in the multisport package the nba games on the other FSN channels onther than your local one, do they show the NBA games or are the not televised b/c of the NBA season package? Also is it true that they charge $5 if you dont have an active phone line?

No pro sports are in this package.

Only multiroom receivers require a phone line connected.

BFG said:
No pro sports are in this package.
As I always say, true in spirit but not actually correct. Arena football, minor league hockey, and (crossing fingers) MLB Spring Training games are just three examples of pro sports you get in the Dish Multi Sports Package.

This is where I used to cut and past my long-as-your-arm list of what you get with the package. To save space, if you really want to see the list, I'm hosting it here: http://www.carload.com/dishsports.htm .

But to return to the OP's question, the only NBA you get is on NBA-TV, or maybe those rare portions of overtime games that run past their scheduled end times. Even the next-day NBA replays are blacked out on the RSNs. :(

Fsn

what about MSG? They dont even show the knicks games? What about chicago comcast? so the only way to get NBA games is to get NBA league pass?

RSN's

It depends where you live ... in most packages you get your one local Regional sports network. Many though get more than one when they sign up for the sports package for 5.95. I live in zip code 52807 and receive Comcast Chicago as my RSN. but if I sign up for the sports package I also receive Fox North and Fox Midwest without the professional games being blacked out. I know this occurs in the east as well. Best thing to do is ask. Hope this helps.

In many areas you may get additional MLB games with Multi-Sport since baseball teams often have large overlap areas. NBA teams generally don't have as much overlap, however, so you will probably get no extra NBA games with Multi-Sport. If you want to see out-of-market NBA games you have get the package.

I live about half way between Atlanta and Charlotte (about 120 miles from each), and both of the NBA teams are now blacked out on all the multisports package channels. I used to get both teams on FoxSportsSouth, and the then Charlotte Hornets on Turner South. Now nothing. I do get the Braves and the Thrashers, but I could get them on SportsSouth and Turner South without subscribing to multisports. So as far as MLB and NBA is concerned, multisports package has not really added anything. Maybe the tail end of a baseball game if it goes over three hours. It probably is not worth the cost for most people.

PS. I do occassionally get a game on the NBA channel, but rarely a team I am interested in so I had forgot about this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)