Anyway to lessen the fan noise on my 722

Little Bit High

Yes. The HDD high temp is 140 F, low temp 84 F, and ave temp 118 F. The unit sits on the bottom shelf of a coffee table. There is nothing on top or on either side of the receiver.
Your high temp is higher than mine which is 138. You must have something different than the readings that I have seen You have a very large swing from the low to the high. I wonder if it is going from a very chilled to the high. My avg shift is only 18 (120) degree and low is 33 (105) less. You have a swing from 84 to 140 that is 56 degrees something sound out of the ordinary. The only time I have ever seen my low temp similar to yours was in the 1st few days that I had it.

Fan start rotating at half speed when temperature of PCB ( IC U16 located between HDD power connector and sat tuner chip) reach 55°C. If you could put a thermocouple there and measure it, then I could tell you if the LM75 is bad or not.

Your high temp is higher than mine which is 138. You must have something different than the readings that I have seen You have a very large swing from the low to the high. I wonder if it is going from a very chilled to the high. My avg shift is only 18 (120) degree and low is 33 (105) less. You have a swing from 84 to 140 that is 56 degrees something sound out of the ordinary. The only time I have ever seen my low temp similar to yours was in the 1st few days that I had it.

wathchel1, does your high fan stay on most of the time? I set up a desktop fan blowing right on the receiver. The receiver does appear to be cooler, but the high fan remains on.

Fan start rotating at half speed when temperature of PCB ( IC U16 located between HDD power connector and sat tuner chip) reach 55°C. If you could put a thermocouple there and measure it, then I could tell you if the LM75 is bad or not.
Smith, P:
Do you have to open up the receiver to take this measurement? If so, I would be a little reluctant to do so because it may void warrantee.

Also, based on what you said, above 55 C, the fan runs at full speed. Is this correct? Could my unit be always running above 55 C?

Open a cover will not void your warranty; at 55°C the fan will rotate at 1/2 speed; full speed it doing only at boot time.
Try to open a cover and give one hour for cool it down - if fan will not stop, then I would try to measure temp close to that U16 chip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts