Anyway to subscribe to Sky Sports in the US?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I want to see if US folks have a way to subscribe to sky sports. Do they have streaming packages?

Sports rights are sold country by country. Any (legal) method of receiving a sports channel from another country would require first a blackout of any sport to which another entity has the USA rights and second a payment from Sky to the league (or whatever) for the USA rights for anything not currently on USA TV.

Never will happen.

Reactions: mruk69
I think that would be legal since I’d be paying for the service...
Given that you wouldn't meet the eligibility requirements (that you reside in Sky's service area), you would be participating in black market reception. As pointed out by SamCdbs, each market has its own way of accessing the content (or not) and you're only entitled to use your market's method. That Sky can't seem to work out a way to reach you isn't your fault but it doesn't change your ineligibility for their offering.

It is like licensing your car in another state to save money or get around other requirements (like emissions testing).

Reactions: SamCdbs
When Disney purchases Fox they will also acquire sky/sky sports From the UK and Star/star sports in India.
They will acquire minority stakes in the ownership of those companies; not the same thing as an outright acquisition.

We learned to make this distinction when DIRECTV had a stake in the Game Show Network but chose not to carry it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)