AP reporting garnett to celtics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just read that garnett is heading to boston for al jefferson, theo ratliff, sebastian telfair and maybe others. teams are still working out the details but this looks like a done deal!

Boston Herald by Steve Bulpett - Sources this morning are confirming that the Celtics’ deal for Kevin Garnett is essentially completed. One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett

i think they are trying to match salaries and that's the hold up. so the list of players boston sends the t-wolves might need tweaking.

Since the BOS trade to get Ray Allen took place; they are really trying to gauge if Garnett is still planning on opting out if they get him as a "rental" OR if he now sees a 3 star team that can compete in the wide-open east and will likely resign with them. If they see him as a rental, or have no assurances he plans to stay, they might be giving up too much. I think this is the biggest hold up.

Since the BOS trade to get Ray Allen took place; they are really trying to gauge if Garnett is still planning on opting out if they get him as a "rental" OR if he now sees a 3 star team that can compete in the wide-open east and will likely resign with them. If they see him as a rental, or have no assurances he plans to stay, they might be giving up too much. I think this is the biggest hold up.

I agree...and EVEN if he were to stay...I STILL think they gave up too much!
5 players AND a #1??!! Sorry....too much...:eek:

Especially for someone like Garnett who is such a choker in the 4th quarter, and has to take such difficult shots late in games because the tight defenses push him out of the lane and he lacks the strength to get the easier shots. For anyone who thinks Garnett is on par with Duncan, you are only fooling yourselves!

I don't think this is a very good trade. Garnett isn't getting any younger and they are trading away the future to try to get a good team on the court now.

I agree...and EVEN if he were to stay...I STILL think they gave up too much!
5 players AND a #1??!! Sorry....too much...:eek:

Oh Yeah, what, Boston can't finish last without them? Gimme a break Salsa. If these guys were worth their contracts they still be in Boston. Good trade for Boston, bad trade for the Pistons and the Heat (As if we didn't have enough teams to climb over already).

Oh Yeah, what, Boston can't finish last without them? Gimme a break Salsa. If these guys were worth their contracts they still be in Boston. Good trade for Boston, bad trade for the Pistons and the Heat (As if we didn't have enough teams to climb over already).

Come on....Paul, you know full well this is because this team has sucked for a long time and the Celtic natives...I.E. the season ticket holders...were getting restless. Not to mention the fact that this NBA franchise is ONE OF THE, if not THE foundation of the NBA. NOBODY was gonna give up THAT much for Garnett. This if the equivalent of the Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade.

With the addition of Garnett, Boston just made themselves a top 3 team in the East. Garnett never had anyone with him in Minnesota, now that he has 2 all stars with him, he should do better.

Boston might have given up to much, but in Basketball you can replace those players with free agency in the future pretty easily, especially if they become a contender.

trade is official.....garnett for jefferson, ratliff, gerald green, ryan gomes and sebatistian telfair. the celts will also give up a future first rounder and get a first round pick back from the wolves!

With the addition of Garnett, Boston just made themselves a top 3 team in the East. Garnett never had anyone with him in Minnesota, now that he has 2 all stars with him, he should do better.

Boston might have given up to much, but in Basketball you can replace those players with free agency in the future pretty easily, especially if they become a contender.
Great trade for Boston. They are now a playoff team.

Come on....Paul, you know full well this is because this team has sucked for a long time and the Celtic natives...I.E. the season ticket holders...were getting restless. Not to mention the fact that this NBA franchise is ONE OF THE, if not THE foundation of the NBA. NOBODY was gonna give up THAT much for Garnett. This if the equivalent of the Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker trade.

I won't deny they gave up a lot, and you are also right about the fans getting restless - the few that still showed up, but that made this trade necessary. The East coast is being poorly served by their franchises lately - just look at Philadelphia and the Knicks. The NBA needs some good teams out there because of how large the media contigent is in the East, otherwise the NBA could become the NHL or Soccer in terms of importance. I'll stand by words - good trade for both sides.

I won't deny they gave up a lot, and you are also right about the fans getting restless - the few that still showed up, but that made this trade necessary. The East coast is being poorly served by their franchises lately - just look at Philadelphia and the Knicks. The NBA needs some good teams out there because of how large the media contigent is in the East, otherwise the NBA could become the NHL or Soccer in terms of importance. I'll stand by words - good trade for both sides.

I would say that now...ON PAPER...that the Celtics are best team in the East.....followed by Cleveland, Miami, Detriot...not necessarily in that order.
But like I mentioned to the UBBER Patiots fan in the NFL thread.....you don't win Championships on paper....:D

While the Eastern Conference doesn't have the sheer talent the West has, it will be one helluva dog fight getting to the finals. If Amir Johnson, Maxiell, and Stuckey step up for the Pistons, I like their chances. Salsa, you didn't mention Chicago or Atlanta (a team that will sneak up on the East this year).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)