Apartment Reception

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Hi.....I wanted to know if anyone on this board had success with getting DISH Network through a window in an apartment?....I am moving soon and it doesent look lke I will have a balcony to place a tripod for the Dish.....Also Does anyone know of a mount that attaces the dish to the window so i can put it outside?....Any other suggestions on how to maybe mount the dish?...Thanks Hunter

If you have LOS it will work. Don't know about anything to mount to a window. A bucket w/concrete and pole would take up less space than a tripod. :)

I recommend that you discuss any "outside" options that you consider with the apartment management. I've been through some interesting and not-so-fun experiences with my management and I wouldn't care to repeat them. Just a friendly FYI ;)

It really depends on the type of glass in the window. If its older non-insulated type it only reduces signal a bit, but it its the new glass with metals in the glass (gold colored or UV protectant, etc.) it will probably block the signal.

I have seen installations where the dish was pointed through the window work with only degraded signal strength, just be aware that if you have problems with it and do not have any outside mounting options or managements permission your on your own. Internal techs won't touch it without either of the two things I just mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts