Apple enters the Original TV series business

And when the dust settles with Apple yet again making money on that niche, what will be the story then? Remember Apple has been considered a niche player in the computer market, yet they make the most money.
How many years has Apple TV been around? Well over a decade hasn't it been?

Sorry, but Apple has far more failures than successes, and this is likely to be one of them.
All that money if largely because of the iphone market. It outweighs all the losses elsewhere.

As for the computer market, they are still a has been.

No way to easily connect an iphone/ipad to a tv

The Lightning AV adapter works quite well, but you do have an HDMI cable stretching from your iDevice to your TV. That's pretty easy, and much less expensive than the Apple TV.

I was going to mention that but you beat me to it! I have one and it is so simple any dummy can do it. Plug it in and the iphone screen blows up to fill size immediately. I have a surface Pro and the adapter cable for it works the same. I use the front HDMI jack on my Denon AVR that is 12 years old so these things are compatible for HD.

Anyone with a Home Theater PC can run iTunes on that HTPC and that gets you Apple's content, too.
And the easiest way to set up a basic Home theater PC is use one of those PC's on a stick with Logitech KB/mouse pad. I put one in here and it has everything I needed to surf the net like a laptop. I access my Google Chrome account and Microsoft Office in my HT with this thing for under $200.

I didn't have much luck with the AV adapter to HDMI. I tried it in a motel a couple times.
Hotel TV's have the extra HDMI's on their TV's disabled to prevent guests from messing up the program source from the Hotel network. I have yet to find a Hotel TV that does have the extra HDMI inputs enabled. Pretty easy to modify the HDMI so they don't work.

That Apple users spend twice the money for essentially the same stuff is why I invested in Apple stock. It is one of a small number of logic-based investment theories of mine that seems to have paid off.
It's not because Apple system users spend twice the money, it is because people find value in using technology like an appliance where a collection of appliances communicate with each other. A small number of Apple users are cult think and will buy anything as long as they see the Apple logo. But the big money maker is once a person discovers the philosophy of tech stuff that just works without the need to be a computer genius, they stay with the brand and build on it. So, the real reason Apple became the largest company in tech, is because their customers figured how easy it was and stayed. Your logic is working for an investment but not for the reason you want to believe. I have yet to meet an Apple owner who says they bought a Mac because it costs more. They bought a Mac because it works for their needs and it communicates with other Apple stuff. My daughter ditched their Roku and bought the Apple TV because they kept losing the little tiny remote in the cushions. Now they control the Apple TV with their iphone. Both my daughter and son-in-law use both PC and Mac's for business but prefer the Mac for personal work. PC's are the standard in their business.

Personally, I find it annoying that Apple chooses to limits some of it's programming to Apple devices. I run into this most on the Apple events and conference calls each quarter. The only company I invest in that forces me to get out my iphone or ipad and plug it into my hardware to receive. I actually dumped my itunes off my main PC here, choosing to just plug in the iphone or ipad instead. itunes on the PC seemed too bloated to me and would often freeze. The ipad or iphone never froze.

Hotel TV's have the extra HDMI's on their TV's disabled to prevent guests from messing up the program source from the Hotel network. I have yet to find a Hotel TV that does have the extra HDMI inputs enabled. Pretty easy to modify the HDMI so they don't work.

Not the issue at the Homewood Suites in Houston I've been staying at lately. The iPad display would show up on the TV via HDMI just fine. When I tried to show video content from apps the app would display a message on the TV that it did not support mirroring. The Apple supplied TV app did work. Comcast, Showtime etc did not.

Another original TV series announced by Apple and this one sounds interesting to me.

Apple Orders Ronald D. Moore Space Drama Series

Ronald D. Moore is heading back to space. Apple has given a straight-to-series order to a space drama from the Battlestar Galactica developer. The untitled project hails from Sony Pictures Television and Moore’s studio-based Tall Ship Productions.

Created and written by Moore, along with Fargo co-executive producers Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, the untitled series explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended. Tall Ship Prods.’ Moore and Maril Davis executive produce with Wolpert and Nedivi.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts