This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Apple has partial victory in Patent Case against Android

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/t...on-patent-claim-over-android-features.html?hp

Article from NYT may be paywalled.

I looked at this briefly last night but only feature infringement I could find is where the Android OS allows you to touch a phone number in a -mail and it will popup a bubble of options what to do. htc will be required to change that to just call the number with no other options. Do I have that correct and what are other features htc will have to disable by April 19th? It seems like a lot of legal wrangling for little of nothing.

As an owner of an htc Thunderbolt and owner of Apple stock, the most impact I will get is a slight bump in the Apple stock price. May also be nothing.

I knew I should have become a lawyer. I knew it, I knew it, I ......

Navychop- Lawyers you can hire. Why not just skip to the real money and get elected to Congress. Now you can make up the rules to favor your special interest's group's ( Congressmen) own wallet.

My understanding was that HTC has already "fixed" this in phones running Gingerbread. It only applies to older phones running Froyo and older, which HTC isn't actively "selling" anymore.