Apple I-phone rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don,

You are right the dial on the ipod makes navigating it very easy; but I am finding on my ipod video that it doesn't always respond as well as I'd like.

Regarding your post about the MAC head; I really appreciated that. I think you are right about Apple's deceptive marketing. It really is amazing how loyal the true believers are; in spite of not loving up to the hype.

Now, sure, I'd like to have a spare BP to slap into a phone at a moments notice, but I've lived without one on my RAZR for a year, mostly because a) I don't talk on it every day, and b) I stay within a digital coverage area. I went on vacation and all that was available was analog at my dad's cabin. The RAZR was drained in about a day of stand-by. I haven't heard what analog capabilities the iPhone has, but if it acts the same way, or doesn't have an analog section, well, that's another good reason for me not to buy one.

Besides, I just wanted the touchscreen iPod, not a new phone...

The thing with a PDA phone is that it sucks down battery life very quickly. It makes an unremovable battery a no-no. One of the reasons why I got rid of the Treo 600 in just a week; couldn't deal with it. I find that I always have the Treo in the car charger whenever I am in the car. When I use my data plan, it sucks down battery way quickly.

After reading that lawsuit and re-examining the photos and write-up on the iPhone tear down that I linked to, I see that while the battery could be replaced, it isn't as easy as an iPod battery replacement due to unsoldering the old BP and soldering in a new one. The $80 Apple charges to replace the BP out-of-Warranty seems reasonable ($20 for BP + $60 labor? I can see that.)

While people are moaning that every other cellular phone has a user-replaceable BP, I think Apple took this approach to insure that only Apple-approved BPs are in the iPhone and not some cheap imitation BP that could explode or catch fire. If you have an iPhone and feel that you need some extra battery power, you can get one of the plug-in BPs for an iPod to increase talk time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts