Apple Safari and You Tube Problems

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I use Safari as my browser (7.0.5) on my mac. Recently (before the latest OSX Mavericks update), I began encountering a problem where You Tube windows on web pages do not show up. At first it seemed intermittent. Now it occurs all the time. If there is you tube on the page, I get a blank space.

I did a little googling, and thought I needed to update flash, which I tried to do, but found I had the latest version. Anyone else encountering this, and any suggestions as to what might be the fix?

Try switching YouTube to use HTML5 instead of Flash. I thought there was a preferences setting for that, but I don't seem to be able to find it now.

The other thing I see is the Flash Plug-in requires you to click in the embedded object to activate as a power-saving technique. If you hover your mouse over the video, you should get the grey "Click to enable Flash" or something like that.

The other thing I see is the Flash Plug-in requires you to click in the embedded object to activate as a power-saving technique. If you hover your mouse over the video, you should get the grey "Click to enable Flash" or something like that.

If that was the issue, it would be an easy fix. On my screen, nothing shows up where the video player is supposed to be. Not even the flash power save. Just white space.

I tried resetting safari, wiped out all web data, all that did was force me to log in to sites again. Have tried changing user agent, emptied caches, etc....

I disabled all extensions and all of a sudden it came back. I turned the one extension I use regularly on, and it did not cause any problems. No clue which one was the culprit. Strange. But thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts