Apple Valley MN WCCO Issues

brd1jw

Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have been having issues with my Vip622 HDTV receiver with channel 4 (wcco) CBS. Anyone else having issues?

I have HDMI connected to a new Toshiba HDTV. The audo cuts out with !@&&!&% type sound every 30-60 seconds. I called dish and they sent a new receiver which had a bad HD. I called again and they said it was a channel issue which they sent to engineering. We will see..... I thought my cable issue were over, which is another story. Anyways just wondering if anyone in my area had issues withe WCCO.

Thanks.

Yes a newbie, But am technical.

welcome :wave from another fellow Twin Citian (Shakopee)

I don't have a 622 so I can't comment on that (I have a 811 which only gets them OTA) but I know there are a few fellow 622 owners here in the Mpls area that hopefully can chime in :)

I remember when we had issues with locals a while back (one of the channels was really low on volume) , I sent an e-mail to dishquality@echostar.com and exaplined the situation and the channel number (use the 4 digit one the 6XXX channel when you list it) and they can look into it.

I have a VIP 211 HD Receiver and I have the same problem with WCCO. I live north of the Twin Cities by Sturgeon Lake. Some nights the audio is bad, making digital skipping sounds and other nights there is no problem. I think it is WCCO or the satellite feed and not the receiver. I have also had the same sound on channel 11, but only a couple of time . I called Dish, but they did not know what the problem is. They said they would report it to their quality dept.

New Brighton Mn here (5 miles from the towers). I havent had any problem with WCCO but i do watch it via my OTA antenna attached to my VIP211. The PQ for the local channels is better via OTA then viewing the local channels via satellite.

I live in SW Minneapolis and I have noticed this problem on WCCO via my one of my 622s as well. I usually watch OTA but my newest 622 doesn't have an antenna connected to it yet.

brd1jw said:
I have been having issues with my Vip622 HDTV receiver with channel 4 (wcco) CBS. Anyone else having issues?

I have HDMI connected to a new Toshiba HDTV. The audo cuts out with !@&&!&% type sound every 30-60 seconds. I called dish and they sent a new receiver which had a bad HD. I called again and they said it was a channel issue which they sent to engineering. We will see..... I thought my cable issue were over, which is another story. Anyways just wondering if anyone in my area had issues withe WCCO.

Thanks.

Yes a newbie, But am technical.

-------------
Yes, it is exactly as you describe. Every 30-60 seconds, the audio freezes with a buzz. Over the air HD is fine; it's just on the uplinked WCCO HD feed. When I call to complain again about the busted HDMI port, I will tell them this, too.

Nflhd

DiSH subs number drop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts