Aquaman: Why The Live-Action Movie Has Potential

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
When it comes to DC movies, Batman and Superman tend to get most of the spotlight and it's understandable since the two heroes are immensely popular. However, DC and Warner Bros. has made it clear they're looking to change that. Superman and Batman will still be featured and it's unclear when their next solo movies will drop, but after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, we're going to see the DC Cinematic Universe expand in a huge way. There's plans underway to give Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, Billy Batson and even the Suicide Squad solo movies. Seeing as Arthur Curry, a.k.a. Aquaman, is our current Character of the Month, let's take some time to talk about why his movie has a whole lot of potential. https://games.yahoo.com/news/aquaman-why-live-action-movie-001800606.html

The villain would have to be either Black Manta or Ocean Master, right? I figure they'll probably start with Ocean Master because it's closer to home, then introduce Black Manta for a possible sequel. Could be cool if they play it like they did with the first Thor movie, brother/brother conflict and stuff. Aquaman gets the throne over his brother and then tries to take it for himself. That would be the most obvious storyline to do. It's funny because I was just watching this episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, "Evil Under the Sea!", where Ocean Master basically teams up with Black Manta to take control of Atlantis. I could see them doing something very similar in this movie.

Anyway, Momoa should be a good Aquaman. I've only really seen him in The Red Road on Sundance but he was pretty good in that.

This is the first image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/20/8074111/first-image-of-jason-momoa-aquaman-movie
Aquaman has bulked up since the DC Comics superhero first started roaming the seas. Zack Snyder, who is directing the upcoming Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, tweeted the first image of Jason Momoa tonight dressed as the underwater hero. Momoa, most famous for his role in Game of Thrones, looks like an ocean-dwelling version of Khal Drogo.
B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

Aquaman: How Jason Momoa Will Make This DC Hero Cool Again http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...hero-cool-again.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3kXaqYjeM
Believe it or not, once upon a time Aquaman was considered cool… There isn’t actually a source for that or anything, I’m just assuming it’s true because he’s been around for so long, so DC comics must have good reason to keep him around. At the very least, he was an original member of the Justice League and that has got to count for something. Regardless, DC has had an undeniably tough time popularizing the guy for a long time now. But it looks like the decades-long slump for Aquaman is over. Ever since the first image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman was released in February, the world knew that things were looking up for the swim trunk superhero. Jason Momoa is poised to do the impossible: Make Aquaman cool (again), and the following are four potential ways he could do it.

Aquaman: How Jason Momoa Will Make This DC Hero Cool Again http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...e-this-dc-hero-cool-again.html/?ref=YF&tpl=op
Believe it or not, once upon a time Aquaman was considered cool… There isn’t actually a source for that or anything, I’m just assuming it’s true because he’s been around for so long, so DC comics must have good reason to keep him around. At the very least, he was an original member of the Justice League and that has got to count for something. Regardless, DC has had an undeniably tough time popularizing the guy for a long time now. But it looks like the decades-long slump for Aquaman is over. Ever since the first image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman was released in February, the world knew that things were looking up for the swim trunk superhero. Jason Momoa is poised to do the impossible: Make Aquaman cool (again), and the following are four potential ways he could do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)