arcade not saving scores

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
title says it all, played a few games tonight and none of the scores saved, gave an error code stating that the score was not submitted each time.

I have ran into the same problem before on a game but just ignored it, I just go in there for fun. However if it is every game that you are playing it should not do that Van. Tell Jason what games and he will jump on it.

30k starfighter, sorry I tend to pass by this area when going to the rest of the site.

I've had that problem, typically on the games I like to play and actually have the high score on. It gets frustrating when you can't get the high score recognized. (Hamster Flight rules!)

We know it's an issue with the arcade with the database. We're not quite sure how to fix it at the moment.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :(

Yeah I know, basically the way it works is is it only saves your highest score, and the pointers for your highest score is messed up because of a previous software upgrade (and a bug in that version).

By resetting the scores it also resets the high score pointers.

Now one word on the Arcade (just trying to give advanced warning) as you might have seen in the Pub Members area we will be upgrading software in the next few months, the Arcade may not work in the new software. In addition we must come to a decission if we want to keep the arcade, as many of the server issues we have had in the past have been due in part to the Arcade (server slow downs, lockups etc)

I don't want to get rid of it, but will need to see how it plays with the new software. As first and foremost we are a satellite forum, and making sure that the forum works is our priority #1. :)

Reset the scores on new years to give it a fresh start. Have you considered just linking to the site that has the arcade? I got to it lastnight through one of the games pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)