Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With the new year comes the chance for all members to become champs in the arcade. I will be resetting the scores in the arcade tomorrow.

The reason for the reset is to hopefully fix the issues that the arcade has been giving us. While users only see the top scores in the games, the database has scores stored for every-time a game is played, in fact there are over 21 million scores stored in the database.

And issue has been coming up as of late where the arcade does its normal maintenance because it goes through all the scores in the database one by one in doing its work. This slows the the server greatly.

I am hoping that by clearing the scores it keeps the slowdowns from happening.

Thank you for your understanding and good luck on your quest of becoming #1 in your favorite games!

And issue has been coming up as of late where the arcade does its normal maintenance because it goes through all the scores in the database one by one in doing its work. This slows the the server greatly.

I am hoping that by clearing the scores it keeps the slowdowns from happening.
Sounds like you need to get on the people who create the arcade software to fix the underlying issue. Clearning the scores will only be a temporary fix, right ?

Sounds like you need to get on the people who create the arcade software to fix the underlying issue. Clearning the scores will only be a temporary fix, right ?
No there is a new version of the arcade out which fixes this issue... but it requires the scores be cleared out first for it to work. :)

Just figured I would sneek the update in there since it does not add any new features.

Just found out some good news though, the arcade works in the new version of vBulletin that we are working on. :D

Scott, is your work affecting the site? I just got the following at 9:50pm EST:
Page generated in 53.12897 seconds with 16 queries
[page compression: 34.39 k/36.66 k (6.18%)]​
Of course, now that I've posted this, the response time seems back to its usual snappy self...

This is good news that the arcade will go on, even with new vBulletin version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ 19:23 EST:
Page generated in 78.32776 seconds with 22 queries
[page compression: 82.53 k/94.76 k (12.91%)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)