Are DP44s hard to come by?

leejp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I have a HD installation that's held up because DP44s are not available in my area...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=74419

I have NO indication from E* when they'll be able to complete my install (which I've already paid for). I have no idea what I should do at this point... In a nutshell this is what's going on...

me: Hey E*, I want to purchase HDTV service from you...
E*: Sure... it'll be $199 + $20/month additional
me: cool, here's the $$$, when can I have HD...
e*: thanks... we have no idea when we can get HD to you

stone phillips420 said:
but the dpp 44 on ebay and have dish ereimburse you for the price of the switch

Or ask for my account to be cancelled and I'm sure they'll miraculasly find a DP44 overhnight. Not sure if I'm willing to resort to that yet.

The DPP44 seems to be available through the retailers. There was a point in early '06 when they were in short supply but I think that has relaxed quite a bit. DishStore is listing them at $179 - check there to see if they're in stock. As Stone mentioned, you might try eBay - I have seen others reporting substantial savings via on-line auctions. You might not get E* to reimburse you for one you buy yourself but you might get some programming credits that would cover at least part of your outlay.

Are you sure you need the DPP44? Or any switch for that matter? The programming you specified in your other thread (HD silver + locals) doesn't need 4 LNBs. Are you also still getting an international channel or something from the 121 sat.? If not then you could use the SD or another option for just 110/119 and the second dish for 61.5. And if you're ending up with just the 622 and 322 receivers, that can be done without any "external" switch, just a DPP Twin LNB on the 110/119 dish and (probably) a DP Twin LNB on the 61.5 dish, one cable from the DP Twin to the DPP Twin's input, then just one cable from the DPP Twin outputs directly to the 622 and another to the 322. At each receiver the signals would be fed to the 2 tuners using a "separator". That would be the simplest arrangement, assuming you no longer need the 121 sat...

Last edited:
I got my DPP44 on ebay right after they came out and I got it for around $75 shipped. They apparently weren't too popular at the time. Still have it and it's been working great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts