Are Fisher Communication Channels Coming Back Up 1/06/09?

dbrabb0519

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
If you check your guide for the rest of the week you will see show listings.:)
Looks like we will be back online!:hungry:

Don't get your hopes up yet. This has happened before with the guide info and when it appeared that it would be back online, the "Important Info" replaced all the genuine data. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but since the channel websites (komonews.com) still have the notice on their homepage about not being on Dish, I would say nothing has happened yet nor will happen tomorrow.

I guess I am mostly happy because I really only use the guide so I can record shows, as for I get my channels OTA.

I am betting it shows 'real shows' starting at noon a few days from now? If so, it has done this several times..Dish just isn't updating the program guide until the date gets closer..then it will go back to 'Important Information'

I guess I am mostly happy because I really only use the guide so I can record shows, as for I get my channels OTA.

You should double-check those timers once the "Important Info" comes back. It's possible (likely) that when it comes time to actually do the recording (even on OTA) that the DVR will consider it an "Incorrect Event" since the program title in the timer doesn't match what's actually on. And therefore, it won't record.

Let us know if they work, anyway.

...or set a Manual timer. That should record whatever's on no matter what the guide says.

In the meantime, if you don't see "Important Info" in the guide, make sure Jim and Charlie aren't "taking calls".

FWIW, late last week I had set timers for Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice on KOMO OTA last night. This was before the guide info was replaced with "Important Info".

And I'm happy to report that they recorded just fine. I had to go in and change the recordings' names so my wife would know which was which, but it did work. So if you are lucky enough to get KOMO OTA, be sure to set your recordings well in advance (like today for next week).

Also, somewhat related, I sent my complaint to KOMO and it got forwarded onto Fisher. Got a canned response from Colleen Brown (CEO, Fisher), but it sounds like the issue is less about the fees for KOMO and more about the fact that Dish didn't pay (or at least Fisher is claiming they didn't pay) for rebroadcast of some other channels that have nothing to do with KOMO (or even KATU in Portland). She said:

"In fact, we have preliminarily agreed on the rate, but other issues are preventing a deal from being finalized."

While I'm fortunate enough to get KOMO OTA, with LOST coming up soon, I know quite a few people who are going to be quite pissed about this...

"FISH vs. DISH", Day 23: Nice. The rate part is settled, but not the back comp, if any, for the stations they acquired AFTER said stations declared must-carry status. For that, viewers be damned.

Jean Enersen and Dennis Bounds (KING-TV) are looking better every minute, at least where I live.

Common sense says you deal with the back comp issue in the background whilst you make nice with the people that count the most - your viewers, who are getting increasingly annoyed by the day - especially in the CBS markets.

I guess the common sense got lost in Puget Sound somewhere. It's definitely not residing in Ms. Brown's office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)