Are HD locals on a different Satellite?

If your current locals are only on the western arc then you will have to do the switch up yourself. I would just add a wing dish to 61.5. Pretty simple to point a single lab dish yourself.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Where would i get one from? And how EASY is it too do..
If you've never pointed a dish before, then now is probably not the time to start.

Google for a local Dish installer. Ask for an Eastern Arc antenna or get real technical & ask for a 1000.4 dish. Then have the installer do the set up.

Not true, but the DC market also gets Harrisburg and York, PA channels, which are CONUS on 61.5 (for now).

Last edited:
So the question is this, If i contact Dish and explain i want the Eastern Arc will they come out and change it for me?
I know there will be a fee involved, But would they come out and do it?

Does anyone have a def answer on that?

DC on 61.5 is currently Conus.

Not true! SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Washington, DC Nevertheless, I think the OP can indeed receive our spotbeam in DE.

So the question is this, If i contact Dish and explain i want the Eastern Arc will they come out and change it for me?

No, they will not. They are obligated to give you only the locals in your DMA, and not ours. Presumably they did that already with a Western Arc dish, and so far as Dish is concerned, they are done. You will have to either (1) do this yourself or (2) hire somebody to do it for you, leaving Dish corporate out of it.

Okay thank you, So if i have someone come out and do it, Will the stations then just pop up or will i have to call in and set it up again?

So should i move service back to my billing first before i get the work done, Or keep them different (Service In DC)??

So should i move service back to my billing first before i get the work done, Or keep them different (Service In DC)??

If it is someone from dish then yes you would need to move back but I highly doubt they will come swap the dish for no reason. Since you can't request those locals anyways. You will need to do the work yourself or find someone who can do it for you.

My bad, looked at the same link and only glanced at it, Harrisburg is Conus, DC is spot beam.

My sympathies; I have done this exact same thing myself. The question of the hour is, why is Harrisburg listed at all in the DC market?

Find a local installer and have a 61.5 dish installed. Do a Check Switch and the HD channels will just be there....

I highly doubt they will come swap the dish for no reason. Since you can't request those locals anyways. You will need to do the work yourself or find someone who can do it for you.

I hadn't thought of that, if his physical address locals are not on the EA, Dish won't install the Eastern ARC.

Getting 61.5 added with a wing dish by a local installer is the way to go. Now actually being able to get the signal where he is another question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts