Are "price lock" packages for new and/or existing customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kmmcdonald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Are the current Dish "price lock" pricing for new customers only? Of for existing customers as well?

I realize not at new customer package costs, but would be nice if DISH could allow present package costs to be locked for two years if you signed a new contract, say if you upgraded to a Hopper, you have to sign a new contract, but you would have no core package increases.

I realize not at new customer package costs, but would be nice if DISH could allow present package costs to be locked for two years if you signed a new contract, say if you upgraded to a Hopper, you have to sign a new contract, but you would have no core package increases.
I just stick with Welcome Pack, which doesn't increase very often. (Now just watch, I just jinxed it! LOL!)

To be fair, Dish locked prices for 24 months from 2011-2013 and gave Starz free for a year. At the end of the year, customers had the choice to have HBO and Cinemax free for another 3 months. That was for existing customers.

Reactions: Tampa8
To be fair, Dish locked prices for 24 months from 2011-2013 and gave Starz free for a year. At the end of the year, customers had the choice to have HBO and Cinemax free for another 3 months. That was for existing customers.
To be fair, Dish raised the price of equipment in the 2nd year to equate an increase in programming.... ;)

Yeah, damn, my equipment/DVR costs went up from $6 to $7, I remember it well!

Reactions: Tampa8
To be fair, Dish raised the price of equipment in the 2nd year to equate an increase in programming.... ;)
No, they did that before the price lock. Only cost I can remember increasing was the pro plan from $6-7 and the dvr service fee from $6-7. The receivers were still at the cost they are today, the day the price lock went into effect, but I do believe they increased that December beforehand.

I bet we see similar things when this two year deal Is over.
The 2 year deal is only for new customers, so of course you are going to get a what ever price increase the existing customers get when the 2 years is up.

Not sure why you are comparing a 2 year New customer promo, to when Dish didn't have a price increase across the board.

Not even close to the same thing.

And acually the only thing that is protected under the price lock is the Base package price,and the Dvr credit.

Addtional receiver, protection plan and premiums can go up in price.

But while you guys not under the price lock could see come February or March a $5 base package increase when I won't.
And I still won't be paying a DVR fee.
But yes after year 2 of course it's going to roll into regular pricing.

You guy make me feel special, I call dish, ask for for new hopper, supper Joey and the lower pice. They were happy to give it to me, with out a contract. Yes I been with dish over 15 year.

Reactions: Troch77
I'd look at that bill after a month or two. Without a contract, I don't think you'll get a full 2-years of price lock and DVR fee waived. It may be a 6-month or 12-month "credit" which would make your bill lower, but still subject to price increases and not for the entire 2 years.

You guy make me feel special, I call dish, ask for for new hopper, supper Joey and the lower pice. They were happy to give it to me, with out a contract. Yes I been with dish over 15 year.
What lower price?
Customers under the Price lock pay the same as everyone else.

Only thing I don't pay is the DVR fee.
$12 off.

I still pay $84.99 for Top 250

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446586240779.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1446586240779.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 365

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)