Are redundant or mirror HD channels necessary?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I keep my Guide in "HD Only" list mode most of the time, and its quite irritating having to skip over all those redundant HD channels in the guide (most except the Voom channels appear to be on two separate channels each). My question is why?...and is this really necessary? And by having the HD broadcast come in on two channels, is Dish eating up capacity they could be using to offer other HD channels? Can someone explain this to me?

I got annoyed by the redundant HD channels too, so I turned the mapdown off. There's a setting under Local Channels in the Menu.

The mapdown is just for the EPG. There aren't really two HD channels being broadcast from the satellite, with the exception of the channels duplicated on 61.5/129.

I got annoyed by the redundant HD channels too, so I turned the mapdown off. There's a setting under Local Channels in the Menu.

The mapdown is just for the EPG. There aren't really two HD channels being broadcast from the satellite, with the exception of the channels duplicated on 61.5/129.

When I get home tonight, I will have to take a look at this. But if you turn it off, does that have any impact on your EPG for local HD channels which I pull from an OTA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts